Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally took out my 1911 for a spin. I wanted to run at least 150rounds thru my 1911 to get a feel for it and compare it to my XD45. I did just that and man its complicated 馃槀. I also took my p22 & XD22. Both 22's ran flawlessly. The weather sucked but it was still amazingly fun. I'm so torn on how I feel about the 1911 vs the XD. Didn't get a chance to take pictures or vids.
Sky Bedrock Mountain Terrain Slope

Tool Motor vehicle Toy Aircraft Font

Registered
Hi Mike,

Fun! That bay is set up quite a bit differently than my local outdoor ranges.

Are those all steel targets?

What are the distances?

Are there individual lanes/tables on the firing line of that bay?

I'm assuming you can use your rifles and pistols in that bay.

At Lytle Creek there are just a few range-owned steel targets in the main bay, mostly for rifle. Although, I'll toss a few at the 50/100 yd. steel target when I visit. One of these days I'll hit it. ;)

It's been raining all day here. I was hoping to go to my local indoor range today but I ran out of time after wrapping all my Christmas gifts. :D Maybe next week I'll get out for a little live fire practice session.

XD22. :D ;) Advantage Arms is still sold out. :(

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: TSiWRX

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes all targets are steel. 1st row is 35yards the pig at the end 110yards. This bay is pistol calibers only. No dividers it's a 50' plus bench top. The target presentation is horrible. There too far out and way to small. They did not allow paper targets due to weather. It was an awesome trip due to the fact that there was at most 5 shooter's at that bay. I was able to go back and forth with my 1911 and my XD45. No doubt I was able to ring steel a bit more consistently with the 1911 but I was happy with my misses on the XD. The TFO sights on my XD really shined. I ran 1000 rounds between the P22 & XD22. As always the XD22 got the attention of nearby shooter's. Both 22's ran flawlessly except for some ftf due to bad ammo. I was pleasantly surprised that the 10rnd promags worked perfectly.

1 strange thing that I noticed is the recoil on the 1911 was a bit sharper but got on target quicker.

Registered
That looks like fun. Ringing those small siluetas at 35yd+ with a handgun is challenging indeed!

Registered
That looks like fun. Ringing those small siluetas at 35yd+ with a handgun is challenging indeed!
Ah, brings back memories. When I engaged in IHMSA, steel chicken at 50 meters, pigs at 100 m, turkey鈥檚 at 150m and rams at 200m. Iron sights only (at the time). Targets had to fall not just ring. 38鈥檚,9, and even 45 were outclassed. Minimum was 357 with a bit too much ww296 and 160+ bullet. One shot per target for 40 rounds. Clang of steel and the pirouette of the siloughette was most satisfying. You鈥檇 be surprised at how many 40鈥檚 were shot!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many of those "pistols" are short barreled bolt action rifles with pistol grips. It would be fun though something tells me those "pistols" have hair pin triggers.

Registered
Ah, brings back memories. When I engaged in IHMSA, steel chicken at 50 meters, pigs at 100 m, turkey鈥檚 at 150m and rams at 200m. Iron sights only (at the time). Targets had to fall not just ring. 38鈥檚,9, and even 45 were outclassed. Minimum was 357 with a bit too much ww296 and 160+ bullet. One shot per target for 40 rounds. Clang of steel and the pirouette of the silouhette was most satisfying. You鈥檇 be surprised at how many 40鈥檚 were shot!
Many of those "pistols" are short barreled bolt action rifles with pistol grips. It would be fun though something tells me those "pistols" have hair pin triggers.
depends on the class. Unlimited is just that. Production is up to T/C contender style. Revolver is just that. I have a Dan Wesson with 10鈥漛arrel that holds 6鈥 group at 200m. Nice factory 2.25lb trigger. Hit a lot of 39s cause I would inevitable ring a ram. 162 gr bullet at 1200fps or so was barely enough at distance. Damn it was fun. Pull the trigger feel the recoil then count to three to see the splash then hear the hit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts