Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey newbie here on my cooldown period for my purchase on an xd40sc (pick it up thursday im so excited). i realized that the specific pistol i purchased happened to come with a 12rd mag with a grip sleeve and surprisingly a 13rd flush mag! i have never seen or heard of a 13rd mag for the subcompact 40 and was so blown away by this news i had to double and even triple check with my gun shop to verify this.. after having them count the round capacity over the phone and verify that i indeed purchased a .40 cal subcompact with this capacity i must say i am absolutly ecstatic to pick it up to verify (i still dont believe it til its in my hands) i just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience with a purchase or am i like the millionth buyer and i get the special mags.. they are factory mags according to the dealer and i have found absolutely nothing online supporting this round capacity for this gun with a flush 13rd mag.. please i would appreciate any and all input on this

·
Registered
193 Posts
i would check the cal on the bottom of the floor plate. the 9rd is flush .40. i got 5 of them sitting in the room, i own the xd40sc. check and make sure the dealer is giving you the right mag

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All of the above. Gotta be a 9mm mag. Maybe the baseplates were switched.[/QUOTEi wont know til i pick it up thursday bit i will take all of your input and check the baseplates and make sure that everything is correct.. even the rep on the phone mentioned its the first he has seen like this so i will definately have them trade it for a proper mag if it is indeed wrong but i find it rather odd that with their good reputation they would overlook such a detail and advertise it as having a higher cap than it should but i will inform u all when i verify]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would check the cal on the bottom of the floor plate. the 9rd is flush .40. i got 5 of them sitting in the room, i own the xd40sc. check and make sure the dealer is giving you the right mag
So after stopping by my lgs i inspected the mags nand it turned out that someone switched a 9mm mag into my. 40 so they went ahead and switched it to the right one

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's nice that they let you visit your gun. Do they have a range for conjugal visits? :razz:

Now when Thursday gets here at least you know you're taking home the right mags. That would have been a drag to go shoot the new gun and have a mag that wouldn't work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
that would have been sweet :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha sucks its just supervised visits i only got to cop a feel today and im just glad they are so great with their cust. Serv. definately a great staff there.
I was about to jump out of my seat and order new mags for my 40SC
I know i signed up for the gear up program and was half hoping i was going to get three 13rd mags with my gun what a let down i still cant wait tho getting a SA is still a glorious event

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a XD40 SC and recently found the Pearce PG-XD+ and these units will add approximately 1 inch in length and additional capacity to the magazines. What I have read states that it will add 2 rounds of .40 S&W. I have a couple on order.

Here is the link:
Pearce Grips

1 - 14 of 14 Posts