Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a tactical holster for the osp with suppressor sights? Would like a drop leg. Just got the gun don't want to carry it in my hand while hunting.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think I remember seeing that one of those Safariland 578 GLS will fit and has enough room to accommodate the raised up sights. I don't think it's natively drop leg, but it might be convertible. They are multi-gun fit, so it has an adjustment screw to tighten up or loosen up the fit.

I THINK it has room for the raised up sights... I remember selling one of the Safariland GLS holsters to someone with the 10mm OSP and I could have sworn it was the only one with enough room for the sights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was searching the net and found RedRiver tactical they have options for a thigh rig that supposedly fits this gun, about $125.00

·
Registered
70 Posts
The front sight height on my XDM 10 is .230 and the channel in my Safariland 578 has an additional .245 above that when holstered. Just to give some reference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the holster from RedRiver Tactical. It comes with a paddle and thigh rig. They have many options for color and style, the only problem is a 5 to 7 week lead time. I'll try to post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the 1 I ordered, all black IDPA cut. Will post pics when I get my hands on it. It seems to be what I was looking for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nope stock spring cycles it NP, I've actually looked at getting a heavier spring not lighter. But I typically only shoot full power 10mm loads. Thats kind of the point in 10mm to me. I'd just shoot one of my .40 vs light loaded 10mm. I have shot 10mm down in the low 1100ish fps and it cycled it np. I've never tried any of the really light loaded 10mm thats down around 1000 fps though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only shoot full power factory loads or my reloads. We have a hog problem where I hunt so I need the power of a 10mm. Couldn't make up my mind soI bought both the OSP and the 5.25 competition.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice at first I was going to get the 5.25 for the longer barrel, but when they came out with the OSP version. It was an easy choice for me. The OSP actually has a 5.3 barrel. Same fps as the long slide with the option to use a comp or a suppressor. I also wanted a 9x25 Dillon barrel for mine and they were only available for the 4.5 slide. I just like 10mm. Not a big revolver guy but its fun to shoot a little hotter pistols sometimes. My reloads are 180gn around 1250 fps out of the OSP. Nothing crazy, but you know its a 10 lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jumped on the 5.25 as soon as it was available. Then they released the osp, naturally I had to have it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts