Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided to check out Hi-Point's website and saw that they are releasing a 10mm carbine. I'm sure that the phrase "hi-point 10mm carbine" is a rollercoaster of emotion for many of you. But I'm intrigued by it. I've shot their 9mm carbines in the past and enjoyed it. It's fun for what it is. Just thought I'd share the info.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
My 40 HP carbine is a fun accurate cheap shooter.

Which is what a High Point should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
And Hightower Armory is releasing a bullpup stock that looks pretty awesome too. Very reminiscent of the Tavor. Intrigues me even more.

R&D

Oh how I wish that they would re-work the mag wells and the bolts to accept other magazines.

Glock mags could be used in all since they do already have handguns in each of hi points caliber offerings.

Though the 45acp variant would still be pretty sweet with grease gun mags. I'm still a fan of blued steel after all.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
They're not bad little carbines. It's basic blowback though so it's just gonna be hard recoil and a stiff recoil spring.

The Hi Point carbine is actually a pretty nice little rifle. Especially how cheap it is. That said, I'd get a Ruger PC9 over it in a heartbeat if I wanted a 9mm now.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I finally decided I wanted to try a 9MM carbine but opted for the familiar feel/technique of the AR15. I didn't want me or my wife to have to learn a different way of operating the safety, mag. release, etc. when moving from the .223 AR15 to the 9MM carbine.

Just finished this one up yesterday (this picture doesn't show the sling I installed, yesterday.) Cost was definitely more than the High Point. About the same as the CZ Scorpion.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
Pretty sure they use 10rnd mags because they tooled up during the Clinton AWB
I have an "old school" 995 myself. looks like crap, but surprisingly accurate. They are a not $350 gun IMHO. I'd get a keltec sub2k at that price. A high-point should be a $200 gun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a company called redball that is making 20 round mags for the hi point carbine now. And they are approved by hi point for use in their carbine (unlike the promag extended mags) they are even sold on hi points web page. I dobt believe they have a 10mm mag out yet but i think i remember reading one is in the works.

Pretty sure they use 10rnd mags because they tooled up during the Clinton AWB
I have an "old school" 995 myself. looks like crap, but surprisingly accurate. They are a not $350 gun IMHO. I'd get a keltec sub2k at that price. A high-point should be a $200 gun.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
There is a company called redball that is making 20 round mags for the hi point carbine now. And they are approved by hi point for use in their carbine (unlike the promag extended mags) they are even sold on hi points web page. I dobt believe they have a 10mm mag out yet but i think i remember reading one is in the works.
I belive the 40 and the 10 are based on the 45, and the 45 can use slightly molded 1911 mags, so their should be a source of high capacity mags that route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts