Springfield XD Forum banner

361 - 380 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
The mcx is going through some changes. I’m ditching the Magpul offset pro sights. I guess I miss being able to cowitness my dot with my irons.

These have me excited. Extra points for anyone that knows these sights.

B44C8580-1FC7-43A7-8E51-338B62DBFDD2.jpeg

65E808E3-0BA1-4F5E-A970-0FF167313B83.jpeg

8E84BC8F-0D91-41C8-8F4D-69F647B3F327.jpeg

4AD906BF-09B5-4C09-B586-0D2F928DF36C.jpeg

01507213-C779-4A80-8ADC-412465625FE2.jpeg

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #369 (Edited)
Broke down and bought one of these forward assist looking gas vents from Rainier. I was trying to get someone to make something similar but without the unnecessary metal. Since it doesn’t need to look like a fwd assist, quite a bit of material can be take off. Keeping it more streamlined.

Before:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
After:

I plan to take off a little more before I smooth it out. Bringing the overall height down a bit more. Once it’s done, I’m planning to send it out to be coated with the rest of the rifle.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Made a change to the SBR setup. Just pulled the trigger on the cloud defensive OWL. They look pretty sweet. Can’t wait to check it out. FWIW, you can find them on amazon for 339

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
^ With your setup as it is above, I think you'll like the OWL.

The people I've met are all love/hate about the OWL. Chiefly, their attitudes revolve around the mounting of the OWL and how it interfaces with their shooting ergonomics and/or other cool-guy equipment setup.

I'm not sure what you will think of its weight/bulk. That was the one thing I noticed when I played with a friend's setup. The 18350-based Modlites are crazy in that respect, but there are other advantages to the OWL, too (like its replaceable glass, if you do a lot of FoF). That all said, I think that the OWL definitely has the "cool" factor, for the time being.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
^ With your setup as it is above, I think you'll like the OWL.

The people I've met are all love/hate about the OWL. Chiefly, their attitudes revolve around the mounting of the OWL and how it interfaces with their shooting ergonomics and/or other cool-guy equipment setup.
yeah, I don’t have much rail space. She’s a tiny little thing. I just might have to make a few adjustments to get the spacing right. It shouldn’t be a problem.

Also, I ordered the urban gray in anticipation of the last step in this build. Funna be sweeeeet

·
Registered
19,921 Posts
I've got one of their pressure switch mounts on my .300BLK pistol and like it. Also is lacking in real estate especially after putting a Streamlight Protac on the rail. I just moved my hand stop back a little more and it's pretty perfect. All I lack on that is an optic and maybe a sling and it's probably not getting doodled with anymore.

361 - 380 of 391 Posts