Springfield XD Forum banner

341 - 360 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
I know. That was my failed attempt to recommend using a 20-round magazine. Mainly just for looks but also to emphasize the petite nature of a PDW. I keep 20-rounders in mine and use 30-rounders for spares; just my preference...

View attachment 607665
for reference, not my photo...
Gotcha. I guess I don’t really subscribe to that mentality. I’d rather have a drum mag on an sbr.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Anyone have any experience with the Surefire XH35? I’m second guessing my purchase of the X400 with the laser. Just feels like a bit of overkill and unnecessary bulk with the laser. Thinking about the XH35 instead. And the H series lights are compatible with their “Masterfire” holster:oops:

SureFire XH35 MasterFire Holster Weapon Light

Masterfire holster..

·
Registered
19,918 Posts
They're pretty new to the market.

Most of us are still content with our measly 600 lumen lights and haven't made that jump yet. Being a Surefire product, I'm sure it's the duck's penis.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
They're pretty new to the market.

Most of us are still content with our measly 600 lumen lights and haven't made that jump yet. Being a Surefire product, I'm sure it's the duck's penis.
I went ahead and got one. I like the dual output. And it’s half the price of the X400. Gonna sell along the Green laser.
Might have to pick up the Surefire holster since I’m going to need an OWB for this anyway. Being able to switch the light on and off from the draw is pretty cool. It’s actaully a lvl 3 holster.

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
I went ahead and got one. I like the dual output. And it’s half the price of the X400. Gonna sell along the Green laser.
Might have to pick up the Surefire holster since I’m going to need an OWB for this anyway. Being able to switch the light on and off from the draw is pretty cool. It’s actaully a lvl 3 holster.
Surefire makes good kit...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Went and shot the MCX with the 6.75” and Omega 9k. After my 3rd mag the heat was too much. I’m definitely gonna need some gloves.

·
Registered
19,918 Posts
Wear gloves when you shoot it?

I've found that it's a good idea when dicking with AK's. I need to lop the finger off my Mechanix

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Wear gloves when you shoot it?

I've found that it's a good idea when dicking with AK's. I need to lop the finger off my Mechanix
I bought a pair of Vertx gloves. They are great for heat. But if I pass it off to someone after a 7 or 8 mags, they are gonna be unhappy.

341 - 360 of 391 Posts