Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to share this with you guys...This was posted on an outdoors forum by the guide that I went Hog Hunting with...just crazy!
Had a couple in last weekend, experienced hunters from the Midwest. We were hunting a dairy, with cows in a pasture. Cows were off to our right, 500 yards+. 8 pigs were directly in front of us that came from the woods to our north 800 yards to a pond. We stalked to within 60 yards.
We set up, shots fired, pigs run straight back to the woods, 3 down before they get out of sight. The husband, pivots to his right 45 degrees, lines up on the cows and fires....TWICE!! Im screaming CEASEFIRE!! He looks at us and says, "Those are cows". His wife and I both say simultaneously "WHY DID YOU FIRE?" "I don't know, I knew they were cows, I just got excited." The following day we talked about it a bit. He still couldn't explain why he shot, he said he knew it was cows, clearly but said his trigger finger just 'did it'.
One cow down, one round unaccounted for. (I found a wounded cow in the same pasture the following night.)
He paid $2000 via PayPal as we stood over 'Bessie" in the field. $1000 per round. One pig crawled off in the commotion, so they ended the night with 2 pigs and 800lbs of beef..
Farmer told me to bring him back and give him a full clip... At 1k a cow he said he could shoot em all night if he wanted...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
damn... what if it wasn't cows and it was people standing over there. keep guns out of that guys hands.

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
That's nuts. At least he's going to end up with a good deal on beef. Can't get it for $1.60 at the local grocery store.
processing will up the cost and decrease the weight, both significantly. I'll bet it ends up being $4-5 per lb, maybe even more.

talk about someone who should just plain never have a gun in his hands again.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Sadly not suprised, every year around my hometown atleast two cows get shot by hunters during deer season.

·
Registered
662 Posts
And he posed for a picture? WTH?
LOL. I signed in just to see that picture. Too funny, and I agree his guns should be taken and a psyche test done as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts