Discussion Starter #1
i have 100 hours left on my california 10 day (240 hour) waiting period

The anticipation is nuts.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decided to go with the XD 40 sub.

That way if I only get this gun for the time period I can get my CCW with it. I plan on eventually getting a service model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This great state of Cali only lets us get a limited version.

I was really looking at the XDM, but would have to move.

I can't get the extended mags either. Which was my first plan so I have a subcompact with a full grip. Maybe they will come out with a 10 rd extended mag.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it appears you have a sub in your photo.

Do you have a laser/light accessory for it?

I am looking at the beamshot 9000 series. mainly for home defense until i get the full size version that can be under the pillow :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
it appears you have a sub in your photo.

Do you have a laser/light accessory for it?

I am looking at the beamshot 9000 series. mainly for home defense until i get the full size version that can be under the pillow :)
It is, but I have the XD9sc. I would love to have a .40, but the 9 is a little cheaper to shoot, and the wife is partial to 9mm so I went with the 9.

I don't have any lasers/lights for mine. It's just a personal preference, I use mine for HD and feel lasers/lights give any BG a target, and the last thing I want to give them is something to aim at. I do have the trijicon night sights. That way I will still be able to see my sights when in the dark.

I've never shot an XD40, but i've shot many .40 calibur handguns. It's an all around great calibur IMO. a little more stopping power than a 9mm, but a lot less kick than a .45. You'll love the new XD :D

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Move before they make you turn it in for destruction.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
100hours? Must be rough. Last pistol I got took less time than that from order online to delivery at my door(C&R).

·
Registered
616 Posts
100hours? Must be rough. Last pistol I got took less time than that from order online to delivery at my door(C&R).
Not sure where you're from, but that's what I love about Arizona. It takes me longer to wander the store, and find the firearm I want, than it does to do the paperwork and walk out the door with it.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not sure where you're from, but that's what I love about Arizona. It takes me longer to wander the store, and find the firearm I want, than it does to do the paperwork and walk out the door with it.
I know what you mean. I spent longer last Friday trying to decide exactly which model of SA-1911 I wanted then the actual purchase took. Here in Texas they don't even have to do a background check if you have a conceal carry permit. The paperwork took me about 2 minutes. :D

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
I was upset last week that the goberment made me wait 24 hrs. on a purchase. They won't explain why and it is a long drawn out affair. I'm tempted to go through with the UPN system to have that not happen again. I have my CCW permit and no problems with background. Second time that has happened. NO ONE in the world has a name like mine and none of my relatives should be making a hit on NCIC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah California has a lot of BS but I have to say... the weather rocks overall! i am from the pacific NW and I definitely like not having as much rain!

10 days is a Cali law.... kind of strange when you think about it. Takes no longer to run a background check than any other state. Politics....

countdown is ticking and will hit the range Monday when I pick it up... :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah California has a lot of BS but I have to say... the weather rocks overall! i am from the pacific NW and I definitely like not having as much rain!

10 days is a Cali law.... kind of strange when you think about it. Takes no longer to run a background check than any other state. Politics....

countdown is ticking and will hit the range Monday when I pick it up... :)
I'll take 365 days of Oregon rain before i would take more then a week of Cali sun but i live in central Oregon so i get the best of both only 10 days less of sun then San Diego even if the temp is different.:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah you are in Bend... very nice area. Love that place. Or used to before it grew like weeds... Has the population dropped to a reasonable amount?

I went to college in Klamath and we used to go up to Bachelar to board during the winter.... I agree you live in a great area!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ah you are in Bend... very nice area. Love that place. Or used to before it grew like weeds... Has the population dropped to a reasonable amount?

I went to college in Klamath and we used to go up to Bachelar to board during the winter.... I agree you live in a great area!

a ton of people left with the jobs so IMO it seems like there are as many people here now as say 7 - 10 years ago census says different but just from being out and about it seems that way

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats nice. It was in the late 90's when I was up in that area. Crazy how time flys by... the thought of late 90's is making me feel old :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Politics-Yes, BG check-No. I think I heard that the 10 days is a 'cooling off' period. If someone was angry and wanted to buy a gun to commit an act of violence or was planning to commit a crime, and so on and so on. When I do see BG checks take place in Texas it usually takes 20 minutes from when they call into the BAFTE.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I have heard the cool off period as well. It makes some sense....

But you have to agree some law and politics here in California are just way off the charts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts