Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my 12 year old daughter a Ruger 10/22 for Christmas. Main reason I want mine back, LOL. I already have the rifle but I am looking for a cool stock to put on it for her. I have looked on GunBroker and Ebay and have seen a few that I like. I was just checking if any of you know of a good place to get one. I am looking for a bright green or blue, maybe a thumbhole stock. Just as long as it looks cool and a girl would like it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive:

Here is a Boyd's thumbhole in a sky blue laminate. I have used these stocks on a couple of different builds and they are first-rate all the way. I built one for my Dad about a year ago with one of their Pepper laminate models (black/grey/brown) and it was gorgeous.

Ruger 10/22 Blaster Thumbhole Stock

Also, I have used the Boyd's Barracuda stock twice and recommended it to several folks. Talk about your wild color schemes!!! I bought my last one from Stocky's...here is a link and you'll see what I mean about the colors!!

Boyds' Barracuda Laminated Thumbhole Stock Ruger 10/22

Good luck and Merry Christmas to your little one!!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Man... I'm 23 and I'm completely jealous of your daughter lol. Those stocks are good suggestions and seem like they could fit the criteria you're lookin for.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Ok, they don't come in cool colors for girls (although my daughter loves her green one) but the Tapco Fusion 6 position M4-lik stock is great for kids.

We were attracted to it, because often, several different kids of varying ages shoot our 10-22. The adjustable stock makes it easy to fit everyone and as my daughter grows (she is 9 right now), we can extend the stock out. Also makes it easy for adults to borrow the rifle.

Check out Tapco's adjustable stock. For kids that have alot of growing to do....it makes alot of sense and runs about 75-100 bucks.

(I also doubt your kids could kill it or tear it up!)

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to go with a Barracuda, got one for $120 shipped. I think it will work best.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Laminated Colors

if it's not too late give these guys a try. i got one for my sister and she loves it. more colors and stock options than most others i could find. you can finish it yourself and tint the color as dark or light as you want.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is very cool eb 311. I like some of the options they have. But to late. Ordered the other one this morning. But I will keep them in mind if I dont like the one I get or something. THanks.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
ive heard MANY bad things about the richard micro fit stocks
now that i think of it i have never heard a good thing. go with the boyds they get good reviews

1 - 9 of 9 Posts