Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished modifying my Standard 10/22 into a M1 Carbine replica.

Started with a standard Ruger 10/22, discarded the original stock and procured the M1 carbine replica.
Added TECH-Sights, USGI Sling, Auto Bolt Release modification and then altered & permanently attached a M1 carbine mag to a standard 10rd mag.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Side by Side, History meets Utility.

ETA: I should've mounted the bayonet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Nice. How did you do that mag? I've been thinking about doing an M1A type conversion on mine, but can't find any mags I'm happy with.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. How did you do that mag? I've been thinking about doing an M1A type conversion on mine, but can't find any mags I'm happy with.
I measured length/angle of mag in my actual M1 carbine.
Then I altered the mag, dremeled indentations into 10rd mag to seat it in, applied JB weld inside and out, let cure, file and sand the JB Weld, sand, prime and paint the M1 mag and base of 10 rd mag.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Very Impressive

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I measured length/angle of mag in my actual M1 carbine.
Then I altered the mag, dremeled indentations into 10rd mag to seat it in, applied JB weld inside and out, let cure, file and sand the JB Weld, sand, prime and paint the M1 mag and base of 10 rd mag.
Thanks for the info.

I might have to give that a shot on one of my spare mags.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
That does indeed look pretty cool, I've seen a few people on other forums doing this mod to their 10/22, its not really my style though... heres what I have done with mine so far

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That does indeed look pretty cool, I've seen a few people on other forums doing this mod to their 10/22, its not really my style though... heres what I have done with mine so far

Thanks.

That is a nice target gun, I thought about doing a Marlin 60 like that.

And by the way, I think you should repaint the receiver, rings-n-scope to match the barrel, or, the receiver, rings and barrel to match the scope.;)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Thanks.

That is a nice target gun, I thought about doing a Marlin 60 like that.

And by the way, I think you should repaint the receiver, rings-n-scope to match the barrel ;)
Yeah, I'm going to paint the receiver, its still just stock aluminum and too shiny... I'm probably going to redo the rings the same color as the barrel, the dark green didnt come out like I thought it would.

I do think an M1 style like you did with a dark, kind of aged looking stock would be awesome... I like that 'weathered' look on old style guns:D

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do think an M1 style like you did with a dark, kind of aged looking stock would be awesome... I like that 'weathered' look on old style guns :D
It won't take too many years for it to look that way.
No safe queens in my collection :)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
It won't take too many years for it to look that way.
No safe queens in my collection :)
I just did some work on my grandpas 22, its an old Savage 3C from around 1945, that thing looks old, dark, and beat up... but that makes it look even better, and it still shoots good too:cool:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where's Sweet Home in Alabama? I live about 10 minutes from the Alabama border and I'm looking forward to getting some squirrels/rabbits with mine this year. :cool:
I'm in LA, on the west side of this here bay, some wheres. :p
You could be near or far depending on whether your 10 minutes to the state line is nearer to Marianna or P'cola.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm in LA, on the west side of this here bay, some wheres. :p
You could be near or far depending on whether your 10 minutes to the state line is nearer to Marianna or P'cola.
I live in just outside of Pensacola. I'm about 3 hours or so from New Orleans and maybe an hour from Mobile. :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts