Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a colt 6920 and I'm putting a leupold 2-7x33 scope on it. I'm at a stand still on the scope rings. I'm going to have to take my rear flip up sight off most likely. I'm not sure what height I need on the rings to clear the A2 front post sight. Don't want to spend a bunch of money on the rings or mount but want something that won't move and hold zero. Was looking at the Blackhawks at Walmart but not sure about height. All options will be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
you wont even see the front sight at full mag. otherwise, your best bet is to just remove the front sight. if it's also the gas block, dremel it off or replace it with a micro block. it'll look kinda weird sitting out there in front of the hand guards, but what are ya gonna do? best advice i can give you is to find a nice free float and install it.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have a Nikon P223 3-9x40 mounted onto Nikon P series mounts. At any mag level, I can't see my front post. It does look kind of goofy having the front post on a scoped rifle, but I'm planning on changing it once I can get a free float handguard anyway. For now, it works just fine!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Yep, scope doesnt need to clear front sight.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up getting the weaver extra high scope rings for 11 dollars with tax and seem to be holding very well. Put 120 rounds through it yesterday and plan on going back this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts