Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I had my heart set on a XDM 40. cal but there's illegal here in CA (what's new). So I'm looking at the XD .40 cal now. Any good online resources to study for the CA gun safety test?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
127,795 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Why are the XDM-40's illegal in CA.My XD-45 service bi-tone said on the box that it was not ca. legal but it had 10 round mags?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
From Clearwater Fl. Move here in Florida where you can carry and buy whatever you want.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
The test is extremely easy, and only requires common sense. I got a perfect 30/30 with no preparation.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Welcome from Oregon.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Why are the XDM-40's illegal in CA.My XD-45 service bi-tone said on the box that it was not ca. legal but it had 10 round mags?
CA's got a "Roster of Certified Handguns". In addition to the stupid 10 round mag rule, in order to purchase, sell, or import a handgun into the state - it's got to be on the list. Vendors' handguns need to meet certain qualifications and they have to pay money to have each model certified in order to appear on the list. There are handguns out there that meet all the qualifications, but the vendors refuse to pay extra money just to have them listed. Sucks for us.

Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale - Firearms Division - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Owning a gun in this state isn't necessarily a problem - it's finding one you like to buy. :mad:

~ Centerfire

1 - 20 of 21 Posts