Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"1 MOA AK-47 Iron Sights" Tech-SIGHTS

They look like a great sight. just though i would share. let me know what you guys think of the tech sights

Nuntfancy review of the Tech-SIGHTS

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
There is no way I'm going to sit here for 25 minutes watching a review.

With that said, looks like they removed the factory rear and moved the new rear sight to the rear of the reciever cover, extending the sight radius.

Common logic says that extending the sight radius will inherently make the sights more accurate, however, we all know how much flex AK's have, so maybe it will, maybe it won't.

But this is one of those cases where I think I would prefer to leave it well enough alone the way it was built.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
There is no way I'm going to sit here for 25 minutes watching a review.

With that said, looks like they removed the factory rear and moved the new rear sight to the rear of the reciever cover, extending the sight radius.

Common logic says that extending the sight radius will inherently make the sights more accurate, however, we all know how much flex AK's have, so maybe it will, maybe it won't.

But this is one of those cases where I think I would prefer to leave it well enough alone the way it was built.
Flex from recoil has no effect on the AK as a semi-auto. The bullet is out of the barrel before the carrier impacts the receiver causing the flex. And yes it is very possible an common on a good AK with good ammo and shooter. I do it all the time with an AK-74 and 5.56 AK. 1" @ 100y...I have mosins that shoot tighter. Did you know that the M-14/30 flex worse and can go 1 moa?? Have you ever seen the M-16 flex?? Not as stable as you might think. That is not open any other discussion, just simple action/reaction facts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you watch the video he shoots 1 moa at 45 & 100yds with those sights and shows that ak's are accurate rifles in the right hands.. Why not improve your sight radius if its going to make the gun a better shooter. i love my iron sights and just thought these were a cool design then seem very reliable

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flex from recoil has no effect on the AK as a semi-auto. The bullet is out of the barrel before the carrier impacts the receiver causing the flex. And yes it is very possible an common on a good AK with good ammo and shooter. I do it all the time with an AK-74 and 5.56 AK. 1" @ 100y...I have mosins that shoot tighter. Did you know that the M-14/30 flex worse and can go 1 moa?? Have you ever seen the M-16 flex?? Not as stable as you might think. That is not open any other discussion, just simple action/reaction facts.

Thank you, i Completely agree

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Well if you watch the video he shoots 1 moa at 45 & 100yds with those sights and shows that ak's are accurate rifles in the right hands.. Why not improve your sight radius if its going to make the gun a better shooter. i love my iron sights and just thought these were a cool design then seem very reliable
SOP for MOA is 100y. AT 45y he should have been clover leafing, and thats with the factory sights. If people would spend more time and money on actually learn the 'Art of rifle' vs buying crap that makes you think you are doing something. Look at it like this, can you take a race prepped motorcycle around the track as fast as a professional racer?? No?? Why not, you have the same bike he does....get the skills, then get the aides....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SOP for MOA is 100y. AT 45y he should have been clover leafing, and thats with the factory sights. If people would spend more time and money on actually learn the 'Art of rifle' vs buying crap that makes you think you are doing something. Look at it like this, can you take a race prepped motorcycle around the track as fast as a professional racer?? No?? Why not, you have the same bike he does....get the skills, then get the aides....
Really,, maybe you should watch some of the guys videos. He is a very good marskmen and has more tactical/combat training, gear and gun reviews, and rounds down range then you will ever have. Show me some of your vids shooting an ak like that in wind. Its a adjustable reer peep sight that is well designed, Whats with all the hostility:-x.. (AT 45y he should have been clover leafing) Really..skip to 25:30 of the vid and show me,, not tell me you can do the same with a ak-47 .. He says its possible to do this with standard ak sights but for him it was easier with the better sights..(If people would spend more time and money on actually learn the 'Art of rifle' vs buying crap that makes you think you are doing something).. Good qoute and i agree to a degree. But changing out your rear sight to a high quality unit isnt crap. I shoot with iron sights 90% of the time with all my firearms and prefer them over optics. The sights allow longer eye relief which in turns helps you shoot much more accuratly. So how is this CRAP. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
einheit 13 No desrespect, i just get frustrated when people wonder off on there opinions on the ak47 platform and not talk about the product that i originaly posted about. I have a fully converted saiga 7.62x39(BY me) that i dont put **** quality parts on. No stuiped flash light, laser, etc. Just my quality steel, and circle 10 mags and tons of surplus ammo. I already have skills with all my firearms and will use aides if its going to make me shoot my rifle better... Thank you

·
Registered
91 Posts
When my Yugo Surplus shows up this/next week, I might actually try and do some accurate target practice from 100 yards out with my Wasr. All I've done so far is rattle them off. Haha.

I like the idea of these sights... but I dunno, they just don't look natural on the rifle.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
einheit 13 No desrespect, i just get frustrated when people wonder off on there opinions on the ak47 platform and not talk about the product that i originaly posted about. I have a fully converted saiga 7.62x39(BY me) that i dont put **** quality parts on. No stuiped flash light, laser, etc. Just my quality steel, and circle 10 mags and tons of surplus ammo. I already have skills with all my firearms and will use aides if its going to make me shoot my rifle better... Thank you

AKS-74, 250m (not yards), 10 mph wind right to left, 68 degrees, 49% humidity. Open sights, no spotter, 5 seconds worth of shooting on 100y target. 15 shots w/ 2 fliers that were my fault. Any questions??

And when you shoot as much as I do, you will need to buy 2 sets of sights. You will pulverize the first set of Tech sights. You will know when because you will start to see your groups open up and you will start adjusting the rear sight on a regular basis. There is a reason why sights aren't attached to the recoil area of the action. The AK is not a target weapon, so I see no reason to try and make it into one. Know your weapons abilities, know what your weapon can not do and adapt your style to make it do it. If this was something ground breaking, it would have been thought of and already made over the last 60 years of weapon production....:rolleyes:

And with the AK, MOA means Minute Of Adversary.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
And don't worry about offending me. This is a discussion forum and that is what we are doing. Say what you mean, not what you mean to say. If I come off crass or arrogant, not meant that way, but it is what it is....

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
The AK is not a target weapon, so I see no reason to try and make it into one. Know your weapons abilities, know what your weapon can not do and adapt your style to make it do it. If this was something ground breaking, it would have been thought of and already made over the last 60 years of weapon production....:rolleyes:

yup. if it was supposed to have it, Kalashnikov would have designed it that way.

·
Registered
646 Posts
He is a very good marskmen and has more tactical/combat training, gear and gun reviews, and rounds down range then you will ever have.
Not to be picking sides, but how do you know that? This IS the internet. Just about anyone can put on cammies and do some videos. It doesn't make them an expert. Plus, you never know who the other person your talking to is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AKS-74, 250m (not yards), 10 mph wind right to left, 68 degrees, 49% humidity. Open sights, no spotter, 5 seconds worth of shooting on 100y target. 15 shots w/ 2 fliers that were my fault. Any questions??

And when you shoot as much as I do, you will need to buy 2 sets of sights. You will pulverize the first set of Tech sights. You will know when because you will start to see your groups open up and you will start adjusting the rear sight on a regular basis. There is a reason why sights aren't attached to the recoil area of the action. The AK is not a target weapon, so I see no reason to try and make it into one. Know your weapons abilities, know what your weapon can not do and adapt your style to make it do it. If this was something ground breaking, it would have been thought of and already made over the last 60 years of weapon production....:rolleyes:

Good shooting. The Ak74 with the 5.45x39 is a more accurate round then the 7.62x39 but none the less very nice shooting. I understand the ak platform isnt ment to be a target rifle but we all know just as you showed its very capable in the right hands with proper technique. I just thought those sights were kinda cool and thought i would share. But apperently everyone wants to just jump down my throat about there philosphy on the ak .(AK purist)....Thanks for your imput

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not to be picking sides, but how do you know that? This IS the internet. Just about anyone can put on cammies and do some videos. It doesn't make them an expert. Plus, you never know who the other person your talking to is.
Really,, watch some of these and tell me hes just some dummy that puts cammies on. No offence but id trust that man over some guy on a forum. But thats just me....:oops:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts