Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give an appreciative shout-out to the folks at Milsurpstuff.com. This was my first time doing business with them, (finally) ordering some stuff for my Saiga conversion. The order was exactly right, they did a little hand-picking on my furniture set at no extra charge, and the items were in my hands three days after placing my order. I'll be a happy returning customer. :cool:

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Thanks for the website Dan.

I've been wanting to change the grip on my WASR. I bought an Ergo grip and thought I had the right tool for the screw. Turned out I don't

Which tool do I need?

Edit: Never mind. I was going from the top instead of the bottom of the grip which requires a basic screwdriver. LOL! I'm usually pretty mechanical. I just had a brain fart on this one.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Hey! Finally a shop I can actually drive to instead of paying shipping! This is indeed a good heads up!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I've been wanting to change the grip on my WASR. I bought an Ergo grip and thought I had the right tool for the screw. Turned out I don't

Which tool do I need?

Edit: Never mind. I was going from the top instead of the bottom of the grip which requires a basic screwdriver. LOL! I'm usually pretty mechanical. I just had a brain fart on this one.
I just changed out to an Ergo grip and it does use a hex head that does attach from the bottom. Don't remember what size though.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I exchanged my Ergo for a Hogue because the Ergo for some reason did not come with a screw and the Hogue does. I got an OD Green to add a little color to my all black AK.

The stock screw is a flat head and the new Hogue screw can take either a flat head or Phillips.

I don't what the hell I was thinking trying to go from the top of the grip inside the receiver where the nut has a square head. I guess I just didn't look underneath the grip. God I felt stupid. Haha! It's like the easiest upgrade ever you can do to an AK.

The Hogue feels good. Can't wait to go to the range Monday!

I'll be ordering a new hand guard from these guys before long. The Tapco on my AK right now isn't the best.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I went with the Ergo because it had a bottom cap for the handle and the Hogue didn't. My Ergo did come with the mounting screw which was actually a hex head screw which I just happened to have an allen wrench for laying around the living room. Love the feel of the Ergo, especially compared to the stock grip. Not sure if I wanna change our the hand guards, I like the look of the Russian Red stain.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Mines a Black Tapco.

I don't know why my Ergo didn't come witha screw. I looked at all the others in the store too. No screws. I guess I should have said something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts