Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and just purchased an XD40SC. Planning on a CCW course, plus possibly a few tactical courses as $ allows. I test shot the XD and the Glock27, but I did soooo much better with the XD. Side by side comparison showed the XD actually was about 1/2" shorter in overall barrel/slide length, but the grip was about that much more than the G27. To me, the G27 is a nice gun, but not $100+ better than the XD. Needless to say, neither would fit in my work boot for concealed carry so I'm in the market for an IWB holster. Will be checking out CCW holster threads some more before purchasing. 9 more days to go before I can get some target practice in.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California! Congrats on the new purchase!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome from another new XDm 9mm owner. I just got mine and I as well did a side by side comparison with a S&W m&p 9mm. I really liked the XDm better than the m&p even though the m&p was cheaper.

·
Premium Member
127,714 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
hello there

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome from sunny WA state

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I figure you are a So Cal desert rat, if you've got a waiting period. eh? Another welcome from Louisiana

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome from Texas. For CCW you might look at the Crossbreed line. They are pricy so do your resurch before buying. And congrats on purchasing your great gun!

·
Registered
608 Posts
welcome and gratz! good luck with it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I figure you are a So Cal desert rat, if you've got a waiting period. eh? Another welcome from Louisiana
Actually, NorCal, in the hills east of Modesto. I've ridden my Yamaha to just about every state that welcomed me except LA and IL, but they're on my list. Thanks for all the howdys, looking forward to getting back into shooting and with the few rounds I've put through a rented XD40SC, I'm thinking that my S&W will stay in the safe for home defense. I'll be trying to absorb all the experience on this board to make me a better & smarter shooter.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts