Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember back to the early 80s when I got my first 9mm pistol. A Smith and Wesson 459. A friend of mine got a Browning High Power and his father bought him a case of 1,000 rounds of PMC ammo in a wooden crate.
WOW! I used to think "1,000" rounds of ammo. "That will last a long time" (and back then it actually did).
Now with my hungry XDs, 1,000 rounds isn't much at all.
How times have changed. :|

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I hear ya brother, back up till a few years ago, I never even considered buying 1000 rounds at a time. The wife and I now go through no less than 2000 rounds per month.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
When I started reloading in college, I bought primers 100 at a time. Now I buy NO LESS than 5000, sometimes many more. Of course, then, I was using a Lyman single stage press (which I still have), now I use a Dillon 650. Yes, times have changed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i thought i'd go through maybe 200-300 rounds in my XD before settling into a once a month "keep fresh" routine of 50 rounds or so.

After 3 trips to Walmart the last week alone, I just keep buying more :) Having 6 mags and a speed loader makes each range trip at least a 150-200 round trip and I'm horrible at shot placement enough that I think I really need about 2500-3000 more rounds (min) to get proficient. Certainly not the "low cost activity" I thought it might be (perhaps the XD9 would have been a more economical choice that I did notice!)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oddjob said:
Its bad enough with handguns......Just think if you had a full-auto toy!!!
Just like the people that own full size Hummers, if they can afford it then gas is not an issue.

If you can afford a H&K MP5, then ammo is not an issue.

Maybe 10 round mags were a blessing in disguise? :|

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
When I started reloading in college, I bought primers 100 at a time. Now I buy NO LESS than 5000, sometimes many more. Of course, then, I was using a Lyman single stage press (which I still have), now I use a Dillon 650. Yes, times have changed.
Same here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts