Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a $0.25 trigger job for Glocks and I wonder if there is a similar procedure for the XD. I guess to duplicate the Glock procedure you'd need a tear down and reassembly procedure, preferably illustrated, and the points to be polished -- any such document exist?

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
I see a $0.25 trigger job for Glocks and I wonder if there is a similar procedure for the XD. I guess to duplicate the Glock procedure you'd need a tear down and reassembly procedure, preferably illustrated, and the points to be polished -- any such document exist?

Brian
It might help if you told us what $0.25 Glock fix are you talking about...

·
Premium Member
330 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
why not field strip your hs-xd and start polishing some parts of the trigger assembly units to a mirror finish. since there aren't any trigger kit for the hs here in the philippines:(,in order to make my hs trigger pull more lighter, the next best thing i did is polish all the contact points. you'll be amazed what it will do:-D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It might help if you told us what $0.25 Glock fix are you talking about...
It is a "Fluff and Buff" on all parts that slide against each other. It's easy to do on an XD and will reduce your trigger pull about 1/2 lb. After you do one on as XD you should take a look at the insides of a Glock so you can appreciate how much more robust the XD is.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the link to the Glock $0.25 Trigger Job is what I was referring to...

I do understand the basic idea is to polish up the contact points and what I was looking for is something similar to the Glock procedure that included the more complete take down with pictures to illustrate as well as pointing to the particular points that need to be polished.

Short of that is there a pointer to a faq or ducument that shows a complete take down?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, good information and more-or-less what I was looking for.

As an aside ... my XD Tactical (357 sig) has a MUCH better stock trigger than my Glock 20 10mm. Yes, my XD has 3-4 times as many rounds through it but the difference between the XD and Glock is HUGE. Just dry firing the Glock with the gun any where near my ears and the sound is so loud it hurts. There is a noticable vibration when the trigger breaks. I have orderd the 3.5# connector for it and will do the $0.25 trigger job on the G20 first as it needs it much more, but if that works it only makes sense to see if the XD could be made better.

I don't plan on going to aftermarket triggers on either gun and whatever improvement the polishing does will be about as far as I go with the exception of changing the connector on the Glock because it is so bad.

Brian

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
glock also function differently from the XD, glock striker spring is compressed as you press the trigger and releases it, XD is fully cocked and is released when you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
144 Posts
glock also function differently from the XD, glock striker spring is compressed as you press the trigger and releases it, XD is fully cocked and is released when you pull the trigger.
This is not true. There have been several write-ups lately, and the XD is a double action gun just like the glock. The striker spring is pre-compressed, but is compressed further by the trigger pull, and then released.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
This is not true. There have been several write-ups lately, and the XD is a double action gun just like the glock. The striker spring is pre-compressed, but is compressed further by the trigger pull, and then released.
The spring is compressed by maybe 1/64 of inch on the XD. Really only what it takes the sear to rotate down and release the striker, it's nothing like what the glock does. The Xd is not a double action like the glock.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
ive done my own trigger jobs for a few years now, since before drop in parts. its not DA, just like agalindo said.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts