Springfield XD Forum banner

Gigantore’s MCX build

57K views 429 replies 31 participants last post by  Gigantore 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So you've just been given $1000 to build an AR pistol. With the ultimate goal to build a suppressed SBR once legal to do so. Let's hear your plan..

And before anyone complains that they can do it for cheaper, think about optics. If it would only take 1/2 of that to get there, throw a RDS on it to meet the bill. If you think the right pistol would take $2000 to get there, have at it. I want to hear what others would do in this situation.

Extra points for links and in depth info/specs. But let's try to keep it 223/556 or 300BLK (not sold on BLK due to availability).

Discuss..

#3 ·
Since he states, quite clearly, that he's building a pistol, he'd only need a stamp for the supressor for the time being...but: he ALSO clearly states he's looking at getting a supressor later...he doesn't need any tax stamps right now.

And me?

I'd build a 9mm PDW; 8" or shorter barrel, bare-bones float tube (that will accept rail attachments for a light)...put a Vortex red dot on it, GTG.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Lower $210.
PSA Complete MOE pistol lower receiver, Black - 507627

Upper $280.
PSA 8.5" Pistol Length 5.56 NATO 1/7 7 railed Melonite Freedom Upper - No BCG or CH - 7777786

BCG $85.
Blem PSA BCG Auto 5.56 Premium with PSA Logo - 507448

Charging Handle, BCM Gunfighter Mod4 $50.

Compensator, AAC BRAKEOUT 2.0 $125.

Sights, Troy Ind, Micro HK $164.

Total = $914, not counting S/H or Transfer fee.
Thanks for the info and research.
At this point Im really considering bumping up my budget. Ive been drooling over the new Sig MCX pistol in 300BLK. If this goes as planned, Il get the 300BLK in FDE and have a little range time with it while I wait for my SBR and suppressor stamp to come back. The MCX blows my $1000 budget out of the water. But I honestly cant find a better rifle for what im looking for. Should make for a bad ass truck gun.

First thing id do would be get rid of the damn brace

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

#35 ·
Thanks for the info and research.
At this point Im really considering bumping up my budget. Ive been drooling over the new Sig MCX pistol in 300BLK. If this goes as planned, Il get the 300BLK in FDE and have a little range time with it while I wait for my SBR and suppressor stamp to come back. The MCX blows my $1000 budget out of the water. But I honestly cant find a better rifle for what im looking for. Should make for a bad ass truck gun.

First thing id do would be get rid of the damn brace

View attachment 51977
You can just take that bastard off Gigantore.

The MCX is a monster.

#9 ·
Yes, going the pistol route first. I plant to pay for both stamps at the same time if possible. When they come back I'll get the suppressor and stock.

Why go 9mm and not 223?
You ever shot a .223 SBR without a can on it?

it's not a pleasant experience.

I'm buying an MPX in 9mm and sending out for a F1 the same day.

#17 ·
Just filled out and paid for my trust. Not sure how long it will take to come back. But once it does, I plan to buy the SBR model of the MCX with a 9" barrel. Leave it in NFA jail at the dealer, and submit for both stamps at once. That way all I have to do is buy the suppressor once the stamps come back.

#19 ·
100% correct. You cannot submit a Form 4 without a make, model, serial, size, and caliber. You do not just "buy a stamp" and use it to submit a Form. You submit a form without a stamp, and when approved the form comes back with a voided stamp affixed.

#20 ·
Okay, trust should be back in 24hr. So I guess the next step is buy an SBR and leave it in jail. I don't plan on getting the suppressor until I heal up from the MCX purchase. ll wait until the first stamp for SBR comes back. Then Ill get the suppressor paid and wait.

Thanks for the info guys.

#21 ·
It'll be a different process when you get the suppressor if you wait until the Form 4 comes back.

FD-258 Fingerprint card (for each responsible person on trust), 2x2 Color Photo (for each responsible person on trust), Form whatever-the-hell-number-they-come-up-with-for-identification (for each responsible person on trust), Something else i'm missing, trust document, copy of the Form 4 and ID forms/articles you submit sent to your CLEO, and likely something else i'm forgetting.

YAY 41F.... WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT.

#28 ·
maybe you can sweet talk your dealer into a sort of layaway and file the Form 4, but i personally think that's a terrible idea as there are far too many who will see the can, forget about the arrangement, and say "HEY! Here's one! I think i'll sell it!" and now three people are screwed.

#32 ·
If your goal is a suppressed SBR without having to go by the 41p/f changes hour only option is to buy everything right now.

You don't have the 9 months to wait for one stamp to come back then send the other.

You're looking at 6-8 weeks to f3 something to a shop if it isn't already in stock, at least that's what I waited last year. So buy can, wait 8 weeks, THEN send in f4 and wait 9 more months. You ain't got that kind of time since I'm assuming this was your whole purpose in starting a trust.

#34 ·
Just got my trust paperwork back from the attorney. What a mess of garbage. All of this paperwork makes my head hurt.
I also found an MCK in 300blk with a 16" barrel. Ill probably be cutting it down once the stamp comes back. I sent an email to Silencer Shop as well to get their recommendation on a can. Looks like the ball is rolling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.