Springfield XD Forum banner

Due to the recent events in Paris, have you become less trusting of those who are of the Muslim fait

• Yes, even before Paris.

Votes: 75 67.6%
  • Yes.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • No, I still feel there are peaceful Muslims and extremist Muslims.

Votes: 30 27.0%

Your Opinion on the Muslim faith.

18K views 158 replies 42 participants last post by  KingArthur 
#1 ·
I think we are in a shifting phase in America about those who trust Muslims and those who do not.

I am creating this poll to see how many people have lost their trust in the Muslim faith.

This will NOT be a public viewing poll.

Reactions: Diocoles
#4 ·
If everyone single one of them is bad then we are outnumbered roughly 4:1. And that would only be if all 300,000,000 Americans were really pro America.

There are definetly two groups within, maybe more spread on a spectrum from completely retarded and violent to worshipping Muslim.
Although, I have a difficult , really impossible time distinguishing between them.

I figure they are scared to speak out.... Well hopefully that is it.

Differences between them aside.... I never really trusted anyone who doesn't eat bacon... before or after Paris... Anyone that this has surprised is in severe denial of the current state of the world and its decline. I literally was totally UNSURPRISED by this.

#5 ·
The issue with Islam as a religion is the core belief that aggressive enforcement of compliance with the faith is what Allah requires. There are radicals in leadership and a silent majority who just shut up and keep their heads low to avoid conflict with whomever is in power.

This belief leaves no room for "moderate" Muslims, except in countries like the USA and some Western nations whose society based on Judeo-Christian tolerance allow them that luxury.

#6 ·
^^^well said^^^

The "radical" jihadist are simply following the teachings of the Koran to the fullest. There are numerous passages that call for the killing of the infidels. This is what the jihadist are doing.

#8 ·
The issue with Islam is the exact same problem with any other non-Christian belief.

Anything that takes an individual's eyes off of the Cross is from the pit of Hell.

It's really as simple as that.

#13 ·
Islam is not a religion. It is a cult. An evil cult of death.

Worldwide, 400 million of those cult members, if given the opportunity, would choose Sharia over freedom and democracy. 400 million find it acceptable to kill those of us that won't join their cult. 600 million may be peace loving, but they don't matter. It is the 400 million that want us dead that are the problem.

#14 ·
just because im more skeptical now doesn't mean that i dont think there are still peaceful muslims.

#15 ·
It's pretty surprising when I am being somewhat (somewhat is the key word) more favorable in opinion of Muslims than others.

I think Islam is at heart an evil religion. However I do not think every adherent of Islam is an evil person. Perhaps there are 15-25% of Muslims who believe in killing infidels and establishing an Islamic supremacy and would actively take steps to achieve it. That's still absurdly high and is hundreds of millions of people. Not a few violent extremists.

What really gets my goat about Islam is all of the supposed moderate peaceful muslims not speaking out forcefully and taking action. It's their problem. Many times you have to practically beg Muslims to condemn terrorism. That tells me something. Even many Muslims who would not kill you themselves for being an infidel will not object if another Muslim does. I truly feel bad for what I believe to be the relatively small percent of Muslims who are truly peaceful Muslims that are abhorred by these actions and are ashamed. But I feel much much worse for the people who are being killed in the name of Islam.

Overall Islam is a barbaric, evil religion in my opinion. Anyone older than mid to late 20's probably remembers 9/11 very well. I remember the scores of Muslims in streets of countless Muslim countries celebrating. You just wouldn't see that in a civilized, just religion.

I like the jelly bean expression. If a fifth of the jelly beans are poisoned, I'm ok with writing off the jelly beans. There's something seriously wrong with those beans.

And I completely stand by my past comments suggesting we should completely, positively stop all Muslim immigration to this country, except maybe the Kurds here and there. The Kurds are an example of actual moderate Muslims. But the Kurds want their own land, and would have it had Bush not lacked the testicular fortitude to make it so. But that's another can of worms.

#23 ·
We all tend to view Islam through the prism of being Christians, where the most devoted of our faith are the most peaceful. Think Mother Theresa.

But we have to remember the most devoted Muslims are the ones who chop heads off and marry 9 year olds, they are doing what the prophet did.

A Christian following the teachings of his faith and the example of Jesus is a peaceful and loving person who cares about his fellow man.

A Muslim following the teachings of his faith and the example of Mohammad is a barbarian murderer.

Reactions: AwPhuch01
#16 ·
I keep hearing about how the Muslim religion is that of peace. But the majority of the supposed "peaceful" followers do little to change or cast out the evil members of their peaceful religion.

Most other religions do not behead people on the internet.

Just saying.

Reactions: socrates007 and CID
#22 ·
I believe the Muslim religion is nothing at all like the Christian faith. I see absolutely no sign of them showing others love, grace or mercy. Add to that, the vast majority are either radicals or remain silent about radicals and what you have for me is a very large group of people that I do not trust or respect. Even when I was an atheist I was a volunteer fireman, emt, active in Big Brothers of America and did other volunteer work with orphans and the needy. I do not see this from the Muslim religion. I do not think they care about anyone that isn't a Muslim and for a fair amount of them they look at any non/Muslim with disdain.

#24 ·
In my opinion they all S U C K.
These people are still living in the 15th century for the most part. They live in caves and have sex with goats and little boys and girls.

Time to round um all up and fire up adolph's oven's again.

They will not stop.

They have been fighting and killing each other over this so called religion for thousands of years.

The only thing that will stop them is the same thing that stopped that mouse infestation you once had. 100% TOTAL ELIMINATION.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Sorry, peacefully practicing muslims are not following the tenets of their religion and the teachings and examples of their leader, mohammad. There's nothing about him, his example, or the religion he founded that is based on peace with non believers.

There are certainly peaceful muslims in the world, they're the ones who ignore a lot of the teachings of their faith.

So in your comparison Christians were killed if they were not more devout (which isn't really true), while muslims kill innocents if they are very devout.

Nothing about Christ, his teachings, his life, his examples, leads his followers to violence. Everything about mohammad does.

Reactions: AwPhuch01
#31 ·
ISIS Muslims are killing other Muslims beause they are not as devout as they want.

Perhaps you should educate us all about who the targets of Inquisitors and Crusaders actually were, since you say they weren't actually killing both Christians and Non-Christians due to their devotion (or lack there of).
I'm not arguing that muslims don't kill Muslims, if we're not around its what they do. Muslims kill because it's what they are taught.

The Crusades were a response to Muslim invaders.

The Inquisition was a reaction by the Catholics to "heresy" religions and Protestantism, not a lack of devotion.

#32 ·
There may be 72 virgins waiting on the other side, but no one's ever confirmed they're Human virgins.

As much as I try to keep an open mind it gets harder and harder with each new attack. As far back as when the Towers came down in NY there were Muslims in NJ in the streets cheering the death of almost 3,000 people, kind of hard to keep an open mind given what's happened over the past 14 years and continues today.

#42 ·
Grapes. Recent scholarship has indicated that the word "virgin" was an inaccurate translation, and that the actual reward was 72 white grapes.

(Apparently back in the day, certain fruits, like Jordanian figs, were treasured like gold. All of those trees and species have been destroyed over the years, so it's impossible to discover if they were worth the fuss.)

Martyrs, Virgins and Grapes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.