XDTalk.com November Giveaway - Tell us about your XD!

Discussion in 'Springfield XD/XD(M) Talk Announcements' started by dascrow, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Nov 24, 2014 #1
    dascrow

dascrow Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 2
    xdtalk-giveaway-nov2.jpg
    It's time to kick off the second half of our XDTalk.com November Giveaway! Today we are giving away a package of Springfield goodies that include a Cross Cannon Shield Hat, Cross Cannon Black Stainless Mug, Cross (2) Cannon Shot Glasses, and a Cross Cannon Zippo Lighter.

As always entry is quick and simple. Just let us know in this thread what Springfield Armory firearm you own and why you chose it. Bonus points will be awarded for those that include a photo!

We will leave this thread open for one week and pick a winner based on the most insightful response.

The winner will be announced Monday December 1, 2014. Good luck!

2. Nov 24, 2014 #2
    RobzXD

RobzXD XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 1
    My 1st XD was an XDsc9. I chose it because my Wife got the XD-Service for Home defense and I wanted something smaller for EDC.
    After about a Year or so, when the XDMc9 came out, I traded the sc for it. I feel the XDMc is nicely contoured for carry, as well as using for 'Practical Shooting' matches.

I got a chance to shoot the new Mod2 the other day. If I wasn't so pleased with my XDMc9, I'd be considering the Mod2, in spite of the 'Grip Zone' lettering.

3. Nov 24, 2014 #3
    taylorjr

taylorjr XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +1,455 / 42
    -EDIT- I guess I spoke too soon lol. Congrats to the winner of part 1

[​IMG]

My first and only XD is an XD9SC. I chose it for a number of options - first and most importantly, it's made by a company that stands behind their product. Secondly, I believe the XD subcompact series is one of the best crosses between full-size capacity and small size concealability. With an extra mag, I can carry 30 rounds of high performance JHP's comfortably and discreetly in a number of different situations.

My XD has only failed a couple times due to poor ammo and poor technique through nearly 3,000 rounds of factory ammo and reloads. The gun has worn very well thus far. It obviously wears a some grip tape, a trimmed Hogue sleeve, and some bits are polished, but internally it's an XD through and through.

"This is my pistol. There are my like it, but this one is mine."

4. Nov 25, 2014 #4
    mwilliams636

mwilliams636 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 0
    I don't have a xd pistol but use to have a xds. I got a 1911 loaded sa in stainless and love it. Would rather have a .45 any day over the 9mm but that's just me. The reason I chose the 1911 is because of the thin slide, hammer fired, fun to shoot and accurate. It's my edc gun and wouldn't give it up. I may have a limited supply (2 mags on hand and one in the chamber) but I practice enough to know what I can do with it. Love the looks of the stainless, don't have to worry about rust as much as compared to a regular finish slide and is multipurpose. I have carried it for over a year, the finish has wore off some from the holster but over all, has held up well. Have put over 1500 rounds down range and have only had 2 misfires and 1 failure to feed. Very reliable and dependable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  5. Nov 25, 2014 #5
    xdm92013

xdm92013 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 12
    The M Factor 5.25 9MM, my range gun...

[​IMG]

6. Nov 25, 2014 #6
    spxdsc40

spxdsc40 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +1,354 / 8
    I have two Springfield XD pistols, an XDsc .40 and an XDs 3.3 9mm. These are my edc carry guns. I purchased my XDsc first and carried it IWB and OWB. I later purchased my XDs because of my famarility with the XD platform and because I wanted something slimmer for IWB carry. Both guns have rubber grip tape and a modified Pierce grip extension on the compact mags. I carry 180 grain Federal HSTs in my .40 and 115 grain Hornady XTPs in my 9mm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Nov 26, 2014 #7
    Hogman30

Hogman30 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm currently on numbers 2 and 3 of my Springfield pistols. I've loved each one. I started off with a XDsc 9mm. Traded that for an older compact 1911 which is my EDC while I wait on my Alien Gear Holster for my XDs 9mm which I bought about 6 weeks ago. Never had a single problem with any of these pistols, even shooting aluminum cased cheap ammo.
    [​IMG]

8. Nov 26, 2014 #8
    Knightslugger

Knightslugger XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +2,442 / 65
    My first XD was a 4" 40 S&W Service size. I bought it because my brother had one, and i looked up to him quite a bit. He also traded off for something else and had some leftover upgrade parts that i gladly took off his hands. When my Father started to get into handguns heavilly, he and I did quite a bit of shooting and it accelerated to unreal amounts of ammo, and loading to two calibers was not only painfully time consuming (because 40 brass nests inside 45 ACP brass) but I was the only person in the family who was shooting 40 s&w. I was THAT GUY. So when i heard SA was introducing a 45ACP XD, i knew it was time. I traded it off for the new 45 ACP 4" Service and said goodbye to all my 40 brass. I've had my 45 ever since and it has never let me down, and really it should have. i've beat the crap out of this thing and it just keep on going. For example when i didn't have a hammer, i used my XD. I've disassembled, misassembled, reassembled, neglected to clean, neglected to lube, drilled out, pounded up, tossed, dropped, soaked, muddied, and God knows what else and it just. keeps. working. Truly an AK of handguns.

[​IMG]

I will never get rid of this gun for as long as I live.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  9. Nov 26, 2014 #9
    1lowlife

1lowlife XDTalk 15K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +1,173 / 16
    I got caught up in the XD hype a few years ago, bought and even customized these;

First was an XD-9 service.

[​IMG]

Then an XD-40 service I never took a pic of.
    Then an XD-9 SC that I put a lot of work into, hard chrome, sights, etc..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then an XD-45 compact, did a little polishing on..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then an XDs in 45ACP..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But I've since sold or traded off every one of them and replaced them with Glocks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Nov 26, 2014 #10
    taylorjr

taylorjr XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +1,455 / 42
    1LL should win just because he's such a snob