XDTalk.com & Bullets.com December 2014 Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Springfield XD/XD(M) Talk Announcements' started by dascrow, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Dec 9, 2014 #1
    dascrow

dascrow Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 2
    xdtalk-decgiveaway.jpg
    Get ready! The December 2014 XDTalk.com Giveaway is here! This month we've partnered up with Bullets.com and will be giving away two (2) $50.00 Gift Certificates! This will give two (2) lucky members a chance to stock up on their favorite ammo and/or accessories on us!

As always, entering is quick and easy! Rules for entry are as follows....

In the comments section, post up:

1. Your favorite ammo (manufacturer, caliber etc) AND why.
    2. Your least favorite ammo (manufacturer, caliber etc) AND why.

This thread will remain open until December 14, 2014 @ 10:00 PM Central. We will pick the two (2) winners based on the most insightful and informative responses. Remember folks, photos are always a plus!

Last but not least, if you see a post you feel should win, be sure to like it. We'll be taking the number of likes into consideration as well.

The winners will be announced on Monday December 15, 2014.

Good luck!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Dec 9, 2014 #2
    Knightslugger

Knightslugger XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +2,440 / 65
    When it comes to honest to god have to have it work and be on target ammo, I have to give it up to the folks at Lapua. Every 300gr Scenar-L I've launched from my 338LM has been incredibly consistent in speed across a broad range of temperatures and as long as I do my part, it flies as predicted. Cold bore shots are no problem with this stuff. Straight, true, and predictable. You can't ask for more in any cartridge, and it hits like a freight train even at 800 yards. hitting steel with this from a 1/2 mile away and be able to hear it without unamplified ear-pro is a gas!

I've shot a great deal of ammunition in my lifetime. Hands down the WORST ammo i've ever come across is 147gr 7.62x51 M80 Milsurp from India. This stuff absolutely SUCKS! It's to the point I only use it to either break in a new barrel or to foul up the bore. SUPER dirty. I swear to God the jackets on these things are lopsided because they don't fly in a straight line. I'd chalk it up to the rifle just not liking this ammo, but every 308 i own hates this stuff. I never know where it's going to end up. The velocities are consistent enough, and usually that's enough in a match grade rifle, but these bullets... there's something wrong with them. I fricken hate em. Just a terrible, terrible package. Maybe good enough for accuracy by volume, but i don't shoot 800 rounds a minute... I wish i did, but then i couldn't afford to shoot those wonderful Scenars.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dec 9, 2014 #3
    srvctec

srvctec XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I recently purchased a Ruger LCP for my first pocket gun for those times I can't carry my XDm 9 3.8 or my Walther PPS 9. The challenge was to find ammo that would work in the gun as an efficient self defense round. I spent HOURS researching to find the best ammo. I came across a video on YouTube where a guy tested about 15 or more different brands and types of .380 ammo. I had pretty much settled on Fiocchi Extremist w/Hornady XTP or Precision One w/Hornady XTP hollow points because they had the best overall ballistics- penetrated enough to be lethal and didn't over penetrate.

THEN, over on the right side of YouTube web pages there are related videos to what you are watching and low and behold, the same guy had a video of what he said could quite possibly be the perfect .380 ammo. Of course, I had to check it out and after watching the video and doing even more research, I agree. Lehigh Defense LLC- XP (Xtreme Penetrator) in .380. The ammo is equally effective in all calibers (do a search and watch videos of it in action) and is, hands down, the current best .380 ammo available (no, I don't own any stock in Lehigh, but considering it).

Here's a pic of my gun with the ammo.

[​IMG]

At the moment, my least favorite ammo is ZQI 7.62 x 51mm made in Turkey. Got this cheap stuff from Walmart for plinking with my Mossberg MVP .308. This stuff shoots ALL OVER THE PLACE. At first, I thought maybe it was me until I switched to some match grade ammo and consistently shot nice small groups. When I say all over the place, I mean 12-15 inches left, right, high and low at 100 yards.

The crappy ammo:

[​IMG]

My Mossberg MVP .308:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dec 9, 2014 #4
    Kage_

Kage_ XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm still pretty new to shooting pistols so I don't have a lot of experience with ammo.

My favorite ammo is reman 9mm from Freedom Munitions. They manufacture there own stuff and sell to the public. I have a 1000 rounds of 9mm 115 RN that I use at the range and I have had no problems out of it.

My least favorite would be the cheap Remington 45 that I got. It goes bang, but boy is it dirty.

5. Dec 9, 2014 #5
    jaymee317

jaymee317 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My favorite ammo is Federal 40 S&W. I like it because it is consistent in my XD SC and is reasonably priced.

My least favorite is .22 LR by any manufacturer. I hate it because I can't get any around here.

Jaymee317

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dec 9, 2014 #6
    Deadly Balisong®

Deadly Balisong® XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello,

My favorite ammo is Winchester White box in .40SW family pack, because back in the day it was very affordable and I shoot really well in .40SW.

My least favorite ammo is PMC ammunition because they are made in Korea...Keep it in the U.S.A. baby!!!

Thank you,

DB.

7. Dec 9, 2014 #7
    Buc

Buc XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Premium Line - 45ACP+P 185gr JHP

Great weight for concealed carry. My Kimber reacts well with them so I can maintain accuracy.

All the way!

8. Dec 9, 2014 #8
    Decidion

Decidion XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Most favorite: Well I have two, Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST. I've never had a misfire, FTL, FTF or any problems with either... it's just dependable ammo that was readily available when I was in a stocking-up mood. Runs pretty clean compared to....

Least favorite: Winchester White Box. I only run brass casings, and of the brass casing ammo I have used, this ammo always seems to get my firearms the dirtiest.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dec 9, 2014 #9
    RJT CCW

RJT CCW XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have tried many different handgun rounds and my favorite right now would be Hornady XTP in my S& W 40c.

Least favorite are any caliber Tula handgun round. They run but are dirty, stinky suckers.

10. Dec 9, 2014 #10
    stainless45

stainless45 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    My favorite might have to be PMC Bronze in .45ACP, OR Remington Thunderbolt in .22LR.
    Least favorite is Winchester White Box in .45ACP. I really don't buy much .45ACP anymore, as I have been reloading .45ACP for almost 14 years. I will soon start reloading 9mm, as I just purchased a S.A. XDm 4.5" 9mm.

• Like Like x 1