****XDTalk.com August Photo Contest****

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Talk Announcements' started by nmduke, Aug 2, 2012.

1. nmduke

nmduke Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ****XDTalk.com August Photo Contest****​

For our XDTalk.com photo contest we would like to see a photo entry of any family events that were special to you this summer. With summer coming to an end, we would like to know how our members spent time with their families. Photo must be one that you have taken and only one entry allowed per member. It would also be nice if you detailed your special photo. The winner will receive a $50 credit to use at one of our vendors along with an XDTalk.com T-Shirt. Thank you all in advance for your participation.

Rules:
    1. One entry per member
    2. Photo must be one that you have taken
    3. All entries must be posted by the end of August
    4. Winner will be picked based off of photo creativity and story about photo.

2. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Certainly not the world's greatest photo, but kind of cool, nonetheless, and very special to me. My son and I took a 2-day, 1-night canoe trip down the Calamus River in central Nebraska for his birthday. Great father/son time. He turned 12 a couple days after this trip. Before too long, he'll be leaving home and these trips will be harder to coordinate.[​IMG](Not sure if the photo qualifies since it was taken by my mother-in-law, but my son and I are the subjects.)

3. ArmyGuy45

ArmyGuy45 XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    Me and the Wife at one of the many castles here in Germany. See how short they were back then!
    [​IMG]

4. Gmcouch

Gmcouch XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

Me and the kiddo.... All the family I need to have a great summer!!

5. Johick05

Johick05 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is my new wife, daughter, and I at our wedding on July 4, 2012 in the Outer Banks of NC. This was a great day indeed. Perfect weather and all around good time to have the 30 members of our family to be there with us (Wish I have a picture of all of us since my groomsmen drew two hearts in the sand. One where we stood and one around all the seats as a symbol of families coming together and love and all that good stuff). Happiest and best 4th of July I've had in a long time.
    [​IMG]

6. Gmcouch

Gmcouch XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ^^ Awesome pic man! Love the OBs! Im only a few hours away.

7. Chalm

Chalm XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First light in San Diego, getting ready to leave for deployment. It took us five minutes to get my son looking somewhere other than at the ships behind us. He kept on saying "bo-bo" (boat). I don't think the quality of the photo matters in while in comparison to the moment.

[​IMG]

-Chalm

8. Thomas83

Thomas83 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's a wedding photo of the family from the big plunge, March 24, 2012. Happened to be my dad's birthday too. :)

Facebook

9. curtiscr79

curtiscr79 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is a picture of the crew from our trip to the Smoky Mountains.
    [​IMG]

10. TBS1911

TBS1911 XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

This is me and my daughter. Long story short, first time I have seen her since she was 3 weeks old due to deployment and marital issues. When she first saw me she started reaching out for me immediately, and seemed to recognize me the whole time. Called me "da-duh". She will be 9 months old tomorrow.:)

Free men have nothing to fear.

11. TCS_XDM

TCS_XDM XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Came home from Afghanistan and took a vacation where I climbed a mountain in Peru with my girlfriend who found she suffers from vertigo towards the top. Everything that could possibly go wrong did thankfully we made it down alive. We laugh about it now but it really wasn't funny. I don't want to win don't pick me just thought it was a cool idea.

[​IMG]

12. kd5zmg

kd5zmg XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is my 3 girls and my new son Isaiah, who I ended up catching on the way out.

Long story short, my wife wanted to wait until her water broke before me calling the midwife. Well, she felt like pushing and that's when I said, I better call the midwife...

with the midwife called and on her way, as I was getting my nitrils on, the baby's head was popping out. I pryed my wifes legs open and was telling her the baby is coming out. With sack still over the baby's head, I assisted.

Calmly I pulled the sack over the baby's head and what an awesome surprise... IT'S A BOY!!!

Midwife ran 2 stop signs to make it in time, but was still 1 minute late. All because my wife wanted to have the baby at the house natural like the girls, but this time not in the hospital.

Tha's my story and it was an awesome privilege and blessing to be a part of it.

[​IMG]

13. neginfluence04

neginfluence04 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Here is a picture of my beautiful 18 month old daughter.
    [​IMG]
    Roughly 2 years ago I found out I was going to be a dad. On that Day I decided to make a commitment to my family that I would be around for them for many years to come. Since that day I have lost roughly 100lbs I went from 365+lbs with 50% bodyfat to 260lbs and 20% bodyfat. Since the birth of my daughter I have changed my life style for the better and I'm looking forward to being there for my family for a very long time.

14. Nebraska12

Nebraska12 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's a picture of me and my son fishing. He took to it real well on his first outing. Picked up casting real quick and can really throw a line!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  15. bonjorno2

bonjorno2 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cell phone picture of the sunset right after a summers rain here in central Florida

[​IMG]