XDs Trigger

Discussion in 'XD-S Discussion Room' started by Jaxson17, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Jaxson17

Jaxson17 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to find a trigger spring kit with a lower trigger pull for my xds .45. any ideas or a good place to get them?

2. patrickxdm

patrickxdm XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Powder River Precision has the only one so far I am aware of for the XDs. It is on the website at $14.95

3. Minkman555

Minkman555 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 7
    +1

I have the PRP kit installed and love it. Keeps the trigger smooth as stock , with around a 4lb pull.

I am much more accurate with it , and highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Jaxson17

Jaxson17 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright thanks guys

5. The Fuzz

The Fuzz XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My LGS owner installed a PRP kit in his personally owned XDS, and let me play with it a little. I did like the way it felt, but I'm not allowed to install aftermarket goodies in a weapon that will be used in an official capacity, so I'm SOL on that front.

So, since I'm a wrench turner by nature, I pulled the gun apart and did a polish job on all of the factory trigger components, the side of the trigger mechanism housing that the trigger bar rides on, and the bottom lug on the striker that contacts the sear. I didn't use sandpaper or a dremel, and I didn't re-profile anything. I used Flitz polish, paper towels, q-tips and elbow grease.

The end result is certainly not like the PRP kit would be, but it is quite noticeable. The trigger is MUCH smoother now, and breaks very clean. The vague, almost DAO-like trigger break has now been replaced with a very clean takeup and crisp break, to the point that I can easily "stage" the trigger right up until the break and get a nice clean sight picture before the final press. I'd need a trigger pull gauge to check, but it feels a touch lighter too...but that might just be the cleaner break making it feel that way.

Like I said, it's not a PRP kit - but for an "all-factory" trigger, a good polish job makes a world of difference. Maybe I should do a video or something...

6. Jaxson17

Jaxson17 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay and I saw something on here that was talking about if you ever had to use a weapon in self defense that if its moded such as aftermarket springs you could face a harsh punishment even if it was justified to use deadly force. Any truth to this? Like is it a bad idea to mod the trigger?

7. ares338

ares338 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the trigger on my XDS right out of the box. I don't want a lighter trigger pull on anything I stuff down my pants...lol. It's a great pistol whatever the trigger pull.

8. Minkman555

Minkman555 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 7
    No.

The PRP spring kit will not land you in prison if you have to defend yourself.

It's a gun forum "hype myth" , don't pay it any attention. And if you ever use DF , call the police and don't talk to them (despite modded gun or not)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Jaxson17

Jaxson17 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the insight I just ordered the prp spring kit can't wait to try it out. Great price too paid $18 w/ s&h

10. jonathan3206

jonathan3206 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to know your thoughts on this... I am a volunteer for a local PD (I am no a police officer but have gone through a 7 week Police Academy) and i have heard some things both directions.

IMO if something happened i would call the police right away and i wouldn't say anything ONLY because i dont want to say the wrong thing and talk it out with my ATY. But I know in Texas say if there is someone breaking into my house at night and i drop his ass with 3 rounds center mass. I wouldn't even go to jail over it. I know because it has happened many times here in the Houston Metro area. But i know some things are different then others..

Also im ordering the PRP Ultimate Match Target Trigger Kit XD & Extended Grip Safety Kit (for my XD40) and the PRP XDS Trigger Spring Kit for my XDs-45 tonight. Thanks for the info about these..

11. 4arrows

4arrows XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I intended on getting the PRP kit for my XDs ( picking it up from lay-away next friday) but would love to see a video of the polish job you did to yours The Fuzz.

4>---->

12. sam4msu

sam4msu XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a tutorial anywhere for installing this kit? Is it an easy kit to install or should I look to my local gunsmith?

13. jonathan3206

jonathan3206 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I contacted them today and they said that all of there products come with step by step instructions but they recommend that you have a trained gunsmith to install it. But on the other hand they said many customers do it themselves. If you have the proper brass punches and knowledge of a full breakdown and rebuild you should be able to do it yourself but they said they get a few guns a week mailed to them to put them back together and they show up in 5-25 pieces.

They also sent me a link to a bunch of videos they made showing you the step by step process of installing there trigger kits.

Another note i asked when they will have the full match trigger kits out for the XDs and they said it is in the works but could be a few months or up to a year before it is out on the market to the general public. They must do 1000's of rounds of testing to be sure they are putting out a safe, reliable, and high quality product. Feel free to PM me if you want me to send you there e-mail.

14. ScottDR

ScottDR XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fuzz: good call. I like the stock XDs trigger and would only want to break it in. You should post a video :)

15. ajamesp51

ajamesp51 Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +14 / 0

Pictures of step by step disassembly
    Springfield Armory XDS Detail Disassembly Pt 1 of 6 — Tacti-Cool.com

Springfield Armory XDS Detail Disassembly Pt 2 of 6 — Tacti-Cool.com

Springfield Armory XDS Detail Disassembly Pt. 3 of 6 — Tacti-Cool.com

Springfield Armory XDS Detail Disassembly Pt. 4 of 6 — Tacti-Cool.com

Springfield Armory XDS Detail Disassembly Pt. 5 of 6 — Tacti-Cool.com

Springfield Armory XDS Detail Disassembly Pt. 6 of 6 — Tacti-Cool.com

Videos of the disassembly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRyC-EL3Lss&feature=share&list=UUdGCw8lXFnV98VVGjp8Nr0g]xds part1 detail disassembly - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atd1holFYpM&feature=share&list=UUdGCw8lXFnV98VVGjp8Nr0g]xds part 2 detail disassembly - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E95aZltbcNo&feature=share&list=UUdGCw8lXFnV98VVGjp8Nr0g]xds part 3 detail disassembly - YouTube[/ame]