XDS Recall

Discussion in 'Powder River Precision' started by powder river, Aug 29, 2013.

1. powder river

powder river Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    ***Notice***
    Springfield Armory has issued an important safety recall for the XDS pistols. We recommend that you go to their website for more information. We strongly recommend that you send your XDS pistol in for this recall. It is our understanding that the grip safety is one of the parts that is affected by the recall and that it will need to be replaced with one of a new design. If you have one of our extended grip safeties it will need to be replaced with the upgraded grip safety. We are working on making a new extended grip safety that will be compatible with the upgraded parts that are replaced by Springfield's recall. Once we have the new grip safeties into production we will be offering an exchange to our customers that have already purchased our Extend Grip Safety for their XDS pistols.
    Thank you for your Business and Support,
    Daniel Batchelor

2. alucard0822

alucard0822 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are the chances of the new upgraded extended grip safety coming in a kit with the disconnector and other recalled parts, I would definitely be interested, and first in line to order a DIY upgrade/ instant recall kit.

3. jafulcher

jafulcher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes definitely. I would also be interested in an recall upgrade kit to replace my extended grip safety. Thanks!

4. doc540

doc540 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's for getting ahead of this and posting the notice.

I purposely sent mine back to SA with your extended grip safety installed.

We'll see how they handle that.

5. gonefishin

gonefishin XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info. I was doing a Tueller drill and didn't grip the firearm just right so I'm toast. I was just going to research extended grip safeties and will continue to better my technique (after I get it back from SA). I'll definitely look you guys up when it comes back.

6. doc540

doc540 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    from SA:

"A10: Springfield will be putting the pistol back as if it were new from the factory. All aftermarket parts will be returned to the owner along with their pistol."

good to know my extended grip safety will be returned with my XDs

7. Duty

Duty XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is copied from SA's website:
    Q3: What new parts were added?
    A3: The upgrade parts include a redesigned grip safety, sear, grip safety spring and sear spring.

I have the PRP spring kit and from what SA is saying are changing out springs also. So if what I posted above is correct will PRP offer something for current owners that have already purchased their spring kits once they have a "new kit"?It might be too early to say until PRP gets their hands on a updated gun.