Springfield XD Forum banner

Xds light strikes

34K views 133 replies 68 participants last post by  Toolman 
#1 ·
Has any one had trouble with light strikes on their xds, just had to send mine back because of numerous light strikes. I tried four different brands of ammo

#127 ·
You shot less than 50 rounds and you gave up on it? You would have deemed it fit for carry if all 36 rounds had fired? I out at least 500 rounds through any pistol used for self defense. My XDS started the same way yours did. By 300 rounds or so it was flawless and remains so.
I decided to cut my losses. Local source is $1/round. I'd rather just try another new one than throw money at this one hoping it gets better. I can understand breaking in to work out jams and slide-function, but light strikes are a deal-breaker for me. I'm brand-agnostic about this, too. Had a new full-size Smith 45 revolver light strike then lock up on the first range visit. I sent it back to Smith and they repaired it - I still sold it.

#128 ·
I decided to cut my losses. Local source is $1/round. I'd rather just try another new one than throw money at this one hoping it gets better. I can understand breaking in to work out jams and slide-function, but light strikes are a deal-breaker for me. I'm brand-agnostic about this, too. Had a new full-size Smith 45 revolver light strike then lock up on the first range visit. I sent it back to Smith and they repaired it - I still sold it.
You sold your XDs for HALF of what you paid for it, and you figured you were cutting your losses? Man, I so wish I was that guy you sold your gun to.... :lol:

#130 ·
I've shot maybe 300 rounds through my XDs. Yesterday when I went to the range I was experiencing 3 out of 5 FTF with RWS ammo. They were all light primer strikes and would fire the second time. Ammo fired fine in my Kimber. Could be RWS has harder primers, but still believe XDs should have fired them if a Kimber would. Will take to Dealer tomorrow.

#132 ·
I just posted my range report about this issue. I have had that issue with the .45 and 9mm, but I think I have resolved it by making sure I have a good solid grip with both hands. I noticed the light strikes were happening when my grip was a bit loose. I've never had this issue before, but if grip is the solution, I'm actually glad if this gun further trains me to have a solid grip each shot. Sometimes I do let up to aim. Hopefully not anymore.

#133 ·
I sent my XDs 45 to Springfield last month for repair of repeated lite strikes. I got it back last week, 10 day turnaround. The repair order said the extractor was adjusted. It took it out yesterday and was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. It had repeated lite strikes, 8 to 10 out of 40 rounds. In addition it had 3-4 failure to eject. I noticed that the extractor was not catching on the case. I will be calling Springfield today but IMO this is poor customer service. I do believe there is a fault with my pistol not all XDs but a few.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.