XDS Accessories

Discussion in 'XD-S Discussion Room' started by VTNomad, Aug 8, 2012.

1. VTNomad

VTNomad XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought an XDS, and man am I impressed.

Can anyone recommend at site for accessories? The SA site is horrible.

Specifically, I'm looking for a magazine loader. I would also like to add an internal laser (LaserMax, or similar) but I don't think one exists yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

2. logan427

logan427 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the XDs 45 and also have the Veridian C5L laser with laser & light that fits it perfect and makes this firearm even better to shoot. I will sell it for 275.00 without the holster and it comes with extra batterys. This is a 359.00 laser new nothing wrong with this one I just have used it as a training tool to be a better shot. I also have the holster from viridian that is for the XDm 9 mm 3.8 with the laser and as you can see fits the XDs 45 with the laser perfect. The holster is new never worn and comes in the clam shell package paid 40.00 for it. I will sell the laser and holster togather for 300.00, PM me if you would like more details

Attached Files:

3. Thunder71

Thunder71 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Making big guns out of little guns since 2012. :)

I don't think you'll see much made for the XDS with the exception of holsters any time soon... maybe later 2012, just a guess.

4. twheel

twheel XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd be happy with just a high rise LEFT HANDED (my curse) OWB holster with a fairly aggressive cant. I usually pride myself on my net research, but for some reason reading about holsters gives me a head ache. I'm using the same slide holster my XD used, and it's okay, but.
    Can any "lefty's" help a brother out?

5. CDinNM

CDinNM XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @twheel . . check out Harwell Holsters, they will make you what you need and have it in your hand in about 3-4 days. I have their ClipNGo IWB, abosolutely a GREAT holster. The included a couple extra belt clips so I could set the height to my likeing, if you ask them they will include them. The cant is adjustable. They also have a facebook page.

CD

6. richeyo2

richeyo2 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe the Uplula loaded will work. I think my wife used it on my XDS, I never have but from memory it worked.

7. warthog208

warthog208 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bearcreek holsters excellent service outstanding product. here is a pic of the IWB holster i bought

[​IMG]

8. Aimbot

Aimbot XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't seen any accessories for it either.

I saw a rear sight laser for a glock that looks like it might fit the XDS but I don't know. If it does, that would be a great laser for me to have on my XDS for EDC until that internal laser comes out.

As for the holster I've got a Crossbreed Minituck coming in the mail soon.

What I would like to see is a half inch grip extension that's big enough to get my pinky on it, but still small enough for concealed carry. Pretty much like you see on pearcegrip dot com

9. KentB

KentB XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 8
    I am using the minituck from CB.
    Great fit and hardly know I'm carring.
    Even covers well with just a t-shirt.

10. imp1295

imp1295 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same here.
    Cross Breed mini tuck. Got here in a week. Been my EDC for the last month now. Covers with T shirt which is nice in Cen-Tex in this 104 degree heat!

11. cmputerbiz

cmputerbiz XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you're not a leather and craftsmanship advocate - I have Whitehat and Galco and have never found an IWB that I'm comfortable with - I just got and find terrific a Versacarry. It's about as small and simple as a holster can get, not very romantic, but it works for concealed carry, it is hardly noticeable and very comfortable. Not for reholstering without removing but I don't worry much about that in an emergency situation. It's not for everyone I suspect, but it works for me and for $ 25 or $ 30 bucks it's worth a try. I got the .45 ACP (SM) and it fits my XDs perfectly. It's about as minimalist as a holster can get.

12. coachrose

coachrose XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Could you post or PM me a pic of how low the small rides? I want to order one, but don't know where the grip will fall in relation to my belt.

13. twheel

twheel XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, Thanks guys, lots to chew on.
    Like I expected, there are no strangers on the range,, just friends I havn't met yet.
    Not a big fan of IWB, I love my slide except for the exposed/vulnerable front sight. Not a big fan of sinlge point of contact with the belt either,, but the Harwell looks interesting. Thanks CD.

As a side note, I just received my 7 rd mags today, the difference in leverage and weight is very notable.... I wonder if that wouldn't help some people on here who are getting "light primer strikes".. just a thought.

14. Jwatson81

Jwatson81 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too carry with a Crossbreed mini tuck. Awesome holster. I even wear it with athletic shorts and it still works great. I have never used any of the other brands out there but I have to say it is a comfortable piece of gear.

15. Stubble

Stubble XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

You may want to get with Eric from Adams LeatherWorks. He is making a pancake holster for the XD-S but I'm not sure how aggressive he can get in regards to the cant.

I've used his pancake holster for EDC (1911) and really like his work. I have a order in for my XD-S....I'll post pics when I get it. His lead times are advertised at 4 to 6 weeks at the moment.