XDM OPS and suppressor sights

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by Castiglione, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Mar 19, 2017 #11
    mtnlvr

mtnlvr XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 1
    I can't keep quiet any longer.

QUIT CALLING IT THE OPS!

IT'S THE OSP!

Sorry... Couldn't help it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mar 19, 2017 #12
    Castiglione

Castiglione XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes, I made the mistake in my thread and in a couple of my posts. And the poster above you made the same mistake.

Thanks for the help. All is now right on the internet.:rolleyes:

3. Mar 19, 2017 #13
    Castiglione

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hey,
    I got my XDM OSP (or OPS to annoy people :D ). My Ameriglo, tall suppressor sights came in as well. And my Vortex Viper. Now I haven't put on the Ameriglo sights. But mounting, the slightly shorter Viper on the gun. And mocking up the Ameriglos (just fitting them in the dovetail. It still appears that these irons anyway, are still too short to work at all, even with a Viper.

Now googling around the net, I stumbled upon this thread here: New XDm OSP with Vortex Venom

Now, I looked on Dawson's site. And I can't find the .500 rear and .475 front height sight. I emailed Dawson, I'll see what they say.

I don't know how much, if at all this will apply to you dblott. I have no idea how deep your cut is on your slide. And what optic and mount (if at all) your using.

Clearly, SA either didn't think everything through. Or thought this would be only for competition folks. Other companies thought of iron sights use, SIG, Smith, etc. Not SA

4. Mar 20, 2017 #14
    Castiglione

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I talked with Huston from Dawson Precision today. The sights I was looking for are available. But not listed on their site. per him email:

The rear sight is PN 018-568 is a black carry sight 0.500 tall x 0.125 notch.
    The front sights are:
    021-369: 0.475 tall x 0.100 wide black front sight
    021-385: 0.475 tall x 0.100 wide optic front sight
    021-386: 0.475 tall x 0.125 wide tritium front sight

The rear sight was there and ready to go. None of the front sights were there. But the black and FO sights could be had in a couple days. The tritium. At least a month. I decided to go with the black front sight for now. May go to front tritium sight only later.

Now, I don't discourage night/tritium sights on carry guns. And I tend to like black rears and front tritium. But also, if it's so dark that actually need the tritium sight to aim. You're probably, as a legal citizen carry a gun, not identifying your target properly. So I'll go with all black for now. Especially since these are to be BUIS only. the red dot is primary. Just like your average long gun.

I don't have any personal experience with these sights and the height of them yet. But according to the above mentioned topic. These should work out nicely.

5. Mar 22, 2017 #15
    Castiglione

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My Dawson sights are on the way. :D

Pictures to come.

6. Mar 22, 2017 #16
    Hoghauler

Hoghauler XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it possible to have the slide milled out a little more since it seems that's the problem with co witnessing?

7. Apr 2, 2017 #17
    Castiglione

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Got the XDm set up with irons and the Viper is now fitted (had to shorten the screws a little to fit).

Tall (very) from Dawson Precision. .500 rear (about .106 taller than standard suppressor sights) and .475 front (about .160 taller). They now co-witness with the Viper.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Apr 4, 2017 #18
    Himni

Himni XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Thanks for posting this. I've looking for some really tall sights to co-witness with my RMR and these should work. I ordered them last Wednesday and got them Monday. I have to say I'm impressed with how fast Dawson is and they had to make the rear sight.

I'm putting them on today I hope. They look like they'll work with the RMR but I won't know for certain until I have the rear sight off. I'll post an update after I get them on.

9. Apr 4, 2017 #19
    Castiglione

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No problem. Hopefully this will help others in the future. Not a whole lot out there (2 posts/topics about irons and red dots ) on the OSP.

Please do post and let me/us know how it goes. I'd imagine the RMR (which model you using exactly) should work. But I don't know the spec/dimension of the little red dot.

10. Apr 4, 2017 #20
    Gigantore

Gigantore XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +2,028 / 171
    The mount on the OSP sits pretty high. I'm using a
    venom and taller sights on both of my carry guns. But mine are Mod2's and the cut for the venom is pretty deep with no spacer/mount plate. Cowitnesses just fine. Perfect actually.

IMG_6590.JPG

• Like Like x 1