xdm limited stock

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by ezekiel97, Jan 14, 2013.

1. ezekiel97

ezekiel97 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    went to a couple LGS stores today to try to score a XDM compact either 9 or 40. Nobody had the compacts in stock and didn't plan on having any and had all their XDM at 699+10% tax. They all said the same thing that stock on the XD/XDM is limited. I see online where the XDM are between 520-580 online but sold out. I sold my full size XDM and don't have a gun at the house and would like to purchase a gun to fill the gap. Is there really a shortage and will I get stuck paying 699 or in a week or two will the online supplies come back in stock. I have about every reasonably priced XDM compact to notify me when in stock.

2. lakemg

lakemg XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know man...seems like every handgun is in short supply. Everyone and their mother must be buying right now. Gonna a be a whole hell of a lot of gently used firearms for sale in the near future once the craziness dissipates.

Not sure if you've come across these guys or not, but you could keep checking their site and jump on one if you see them in stock. Don't trust their option to notify you when it's in stock, becuase I've seen some stuff re-stocked and never received an email even though I had requested a notification.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst.../98569/c/semi-auto-handguns/brand/SPRINGFIELD

Good luck...I'll keep my eyes open for you

3. ezekiel97

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I check them several times a day. I would pay a little more for a in stock one because I bought my XDM for $550 and sold it for $650.
    Used XD are going for $550 in the area and XDMs are going for 600+ so finding used will be tough.

The Sheriff came by on Saturday and told me the place I just moved into used to be rented by a guy who is on the run. He recently broke into an old house he lived in and they wanted to know if I have had any activity. If I can't find one soon I might just pick up a shotgun to hold me over

4. WaltherP99

WaltherP99 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same thing here...spoke with the LGS today and he told me at least 10 weeks till he can get one in (looking for a 9mm compact myself).

Ima just bite the bullet, put an order in and wait!

5. Chicago2VP71

Chicago2VP71 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Crazy..

6. stuz92

stuz92 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Here's to hoping you find the XDM you want soon. Also, having a good SD Shotgun to me sounds like a great way to go, i think it's a good move, one you won't regret. You really should have 2 SD options, if ever have to use one, the police are going to take that one as evidence, leaving you empty handed.

7. stuz92

stuz92 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sorry my screen blinked and i got a double post.

8. HemiWes

HemiWes XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try gun broker, but I will only buy from FFL dealers on there. Or check other gun stores websites and see if they will ship to your local gun store

9. ezekiel97

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a guy who is selling a xdm like I had for 525 j might pick up to hold me over. I hope this case down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

10. jaymc75

jaymc75 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought an XDM .40 3.8 compact from my local place on Monday 1/21 and I think they will do internet orders. Paid $599 for mine (brand new w/ case and all the goodies) here's their site: The Outpost Armory

11. dglock

dglock XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Don't just hope this calms down, let your senators and congress critters know what you want them to do!

If all they hear is the biased media they will think thats what we all want.

don

12. Vath

Vath XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just purchased my XDm 40 Compact in bi-tone for 750 after taxes. My father is a FFL but does it for a hobby so he doesn't charge extra and his price shipped and everything was going to be 675. Only issue was all of his contacts were clean out of stock of everything. Decided 75 bucks wasn't too bad of a markup at my LGS and am a happy owner.

There are some really good deals out there, but the 625 (for black) and 675 (for bi-tone) price range is your "normal" pricing. If you find one close to there, I would go ahead and purchase.

13. StreetFightingMan

StreetFightingMan XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    One of my LGS has a couple of XDm's. I went there just a couple of days ago and she had a XDm 40 compact, all black for $620. I can PM you their info if you want it. That same day I ordered a XD45 compact and I was torn between that and the XDm compact. I went with the XD because the grip was slightly longer allowing me to get my pinky on the grip. We also figured that XDm's are in higher demand I would get the XD sooner.

14. JohnFrancis

JohnFrancis XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in Florida Gun Exchange (Ormond Beach) at the weekend and they had quite a few XD's and XDM's. The .40 cals seem easier to get than the 9's or 45's.

15. kiter86

kiter86 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    first post.

This is killing me. I have been looking for a xdm 45 3.8 bi-tone for 10 days with absolutely no luck. Nobody seems to have any idea when they will receive more stock