XDM Accuracy bad or my bad?

Discussion in 'Springfield XD/XD(M) Range Reports' started by ram1000, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Jun 12, 2017 #11
    TSiWRX

TSiWRX XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +2,146 / 7
    ^ Understood -

But if your shots are not printing consistently as a baseline - i.e. your "control group," and for the sake of this discussion, let's say that this is your .45 ACP - then there is no way to truly figure out if your Rowland switch is problematic.

Even if you're printing all low-left with your "control" shots, as long as you've got a nice group for the distance (i.e. a single ragged hole at 7 to 10 yards, two or even three inches at 25, etc., at least you can then make the call that something is strange with the Rowland conversion if, suddenly when you switched to that caliber, your group size doubles or your shots become completely erratic.

But if you do not already have consistency with your "control" group, there's no way to have any other comparison be valid.

2. Jun 14, 2017 #12
    ram1000

ram1000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Well I'm back from Baker City where I left the gun with the guys at PRP. I asked them to shoot it themselves to see how there pattern was before proceeding. They put a trigger in it at 4lbs. he says, and crowned the barrel. They shot a 4 or 5 rnd group under two inches which is what I was led to believe this barrel should be able to do. I haven't shot it yet but in the next couple days I get out and try again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jun 15, 2017 #13
    Jonnyuma

Jonnyuma XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +4,239 / 65
    Where you at, @ram1000? I go through Baker City 2-4 times per week but it's always late so I never get to stop in at PRP. If you have time check out Barley Browns for a burger and a brew... I think you'll be glad you did.

4. Jun 18, 2017 #14
    ram1000

ram1000 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    I used to live in Baker City but now I live in Tri Cities Wa. I get down there at least once a month to see old friends and go camping. Camping in Washington is similar to parking at the mall, and just as expensive.

• Like Like x 1