Xdm 9mm vs glock 19

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by AlwaysLearning, Mar 7, 2012.

1. AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    went to the range today with a buddy and he brought his new glock and wanted to compare it to my xdm

well he liked my xdm better and i hated his glock

told him from the beginning i'm not a glock fan he should have listened

2. Falcon31

Falcon31 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I started out to get a glock. did some research about 9 months worth. went to the range rented them all. Now this is MY OPPINION FOR ME i liked the XDM the best. just because i like it does not mean you will. Glocks are great guns. as well as smith&wesson. but for me well I own a XDM. Im a firm beleaver in shot it before you buy it

3. air8

air8 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same happened to me on Tuesday. My Glock friend has the 19 and I have the 5.25 9mm. He had never fired mine in the few months I've owned it. After shooting the 5.25 he came back saying it was smooth like butter. I know mine is more comp. oriented but I personally don't notice all that much difference between the two. Of course I have not shot his for quite some time. Ran out of time this particular day but I have shot several Glocks in the past couple months.

4. AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I totally agree agree with you. I just like the feel of the XDm a lot more than the Glock. I am an avid shooter and am quite accurate. My buddy is new to guns however is much more accurate with my XDm over his Glock. Prior to purchasing I was able to shoot my XDm and loved it. Our LGS has an indoor range connected to it and has close to 100 different pistols you can rent in order to make a better decision prior to purchase. I told him about this but another one of our friends convinced him to go Glock. His mistake. I am sure with time however he will grow in his ability to use his Glock. Truthfully I believe the gun picks the person not the other way around. The end all be all is that the XDm was the best choice for me. However my Sigs are awesome as well. I can't wait to get my 1911 the feel of a 1911 is just perfect.

5. 4.0B2

4.0B2 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    glock v xdm is like ford v chevy...
    you're a fan of one and not the other

i shot 6 different glocks when trying to find the perfect handgun for me; and i ended up with the XDm 3.8" 45 acp.

6. richeyo2

richeyo2 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the feel of the XDM personally, but both are great guns.

7. Magnum27

Magnum27 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree the Glock just isn't right for me. I am looking to buy my first gun and have shot numerous guns and the 17 and 19 are the worst - to me - of the 7 guns I have shot. I really like the XD, still need to shoot the XDm

8. 1lowlife

1lowlife XDTalk 15K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    I've bought and sold 4 XD pistols, but still and always will own my Glock 19.

The Glock fits my needs better.

I have no use for a sloppy spongy stock XD/XDm trigger...:shock:;)

But hey, whatever works for you is fine with me...;)

9. john_bud

john_bud XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    They are both quality weapons with vast followings. Choose the one that fits the person best and allows them to confidently shoot accurately. That's all the matters to me.

10. N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 1
    But, but, will that infamous G19 go that way for that newfangled PPQ?? :mrgreen:

I have both the XD and the Glock. Each has their own merits and attitudes. For me, the XD is not nearly as "square" in my hand, and I do appreciate the additional safety feature.. I prefer the size, trigger, and bore axis of the Glock much better. I don't get the grip angle argument, I don't really seem to notice it, or dislike either. So that's a non-factor for me.

The G19 is on my short list, before I buy another XD/m.

11. gflack

gflack XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I was deciding on what to purchase, I had narrowed to to a Glock 19 and the XD(M). I made it simple, went to the range, rented both, and put some rounds through each. It turned out, I naturally fired better with the XD(M). So that's what I bought.

I have no problems with the Glock and may get one down the road, but for my first gun I wanted it to be something I could work with well ASAP. For me, the proof was on the paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. RobzXD

RobzXD XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    When I 1st introduced my Wife to shooting in the early 90s, one of the guns I had her shoot was my G-19 and she did the best with it... No questions. A few Years later, when she decided she wanted to get into shooting as a hobby and perhaps carry, we signed her up for an intro to shooting class and the Instructor was such a Glock Fanboy it simply turned her off to All Things Glock (no matter how good they may be) and ended up going XD Service 9mm (she's a spiteful woman, but I love her). :)

When it came time for picking a CC pistol, she must have gone through 4 different brands before I finally convinced her to rent a G-26 with a pierce extension. She shot so much cleaner and naturally with it that she fell in love with it, bought it and it's her EDC. It took her a while to admit that she never gave Glock a chance, simply because of that Fanboy Instructor.

She still has her XD Service, along with her G-26. I still have my Gen2 G-19, along with a G-26 and my XDM9c and we love them all for different reasons. She's thinking of trading her XD Service for her own XDM9c though.

BTW: My Wife come from a Ford Family, while I grew up Chevy. :)

Glocks are like a Harley Davidson. Everyone needs to own at least One in his/her life... and of all the Glocks, I like the 19 the best.

13. N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 1
    And we all play nicely together here. :p

14. dhunley1

dhunley1 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I would take the G19 over the XDm. Just a personal preference...

15. soreal713

soreal713 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just traded my 19 for XDM, 4.5 inch, power trigger, chrome barrel, 4 16 round magazine,plus 40 bucks on his end. But I'm a glock fan boy....what y'all think...