XDM 9mm first time on the range

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports' started by Shooter2004, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Shooter2004

Shooter2004 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,
    I FINALLY got my XDM 9mm. I have to say that the website is kind of deceiving, I thought the XDM that I ordered was going to be smaller. Closer to the Glock 27 size.

I was definitely wrong. With that being said...I LOVE MY NEW GUN!!

It was smooth and handled really well. I have the XDM 9mm 3.8 Compact.
    One thing I thought I was getting, was the XD9 SC. The one that holds 13 and 19 round mags. But I am happy with the 19rd mags that I got with the gun.
    The Holster is ok...I am looking for a Comp Tec or Crossbreed to wear for CHL.

The Mag Pouch is flawed, it should be the paddle like the holster. It was a pain to un belt myself just to take the mag pound off and on.

The mags worked flawlessly. I was shooting Remington UMC 9 mm. I managed 231 round of the 250 case. I kept 19 to leave in the gun at the house due to being too poor to buy Defense rounds (lets hope I don't have to use it defensively).

I am itching to get back to the range and improve on the handling. I am disappointed that SA didn't provide something to punch out the roll pin on the back strap so I could test the other. I couldn't find anything laying around the house that would work. It also seems kind of a waste to go buy a punch specifically to use for this. Once I find the one that fits best, its not coming off again.

I am eventually looking to get 5 or six mags, and maybe a raise and free ammo. You know it would be awesome to be able to go shoot at least once a week two or three hundred rounds. I think it might be 2 or 3 weeks between range trips.

Attached Files:

2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like mine, too.

It took getting used to shooting it, because I'm a Glock guy. I shoot a 45 better than a 9mm.

iPad/Tapatalk

3. richeyo2

richeyo2 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats on new purchase. Nice groups really good 1st time out. Enjoy & be safe.

4. curtiscr79

curtiscr79 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats on the new purchase. I know what you mean about wanting more range time. I want to go every week, but end up only being able to make it every 2 to 3 weeks myself. I have also started looking into reloading to cut cost. I haven't committed 100% but have started to collect some of my brass in case that is the way I want to go.

Good luck, and be safe!
    Curtis

5. Shooter2004

Shooter2004 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I have been considering that too, but I don't see it being cost effective for someone who doesn't shoot 2 or 3 thousand rounds a week.