XDM 5.25 Holster

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Mjolnir, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry if this question has been asked, but I tried some searching and didn't come up with much. I am looking for some different holsters for my XDM 5.25. It will be my CCW. From the sounds of it Crossbred makes some of the best IWB holsters out there and I think they work with the 5.25. I was just hoping some others could let me know what they are using and how they like it. It doesn't have to be a IWB holster, I just want to hear all the options I can. Also, if anyone has a drop leg rig that works for the 5.25 let me know, as I will probably also want one sooner than later. Thanks and Happy Shooting.

2. ErichF

ErichF XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's a big gun to CCW. Have you considered a 3.8 for CCW, instead? It's hard enough to find an OWB holster for the 525, except the Serpa.

Personally, I'm waiting for the XDs.

3. Jackpot

Jackpot XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. TSAX

TSAX XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Crossbreed Snapslide

5. Houseboat

Houseboat Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you are looking for leather give us a look..Thank you Larry

6. Mjolnir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guys for the suggestions so far. Keep it up. :) Yeah I do agree with ya Eric, but my Eaa was slightly larger and far heavier and I didn't mind carry it to bad. The weight was the big killer on the Eaa, plus the lack of aftermarket support. The 3.8 would be awesome, but I already am buying the 5.25. I would imagine that if I used a IWB hoslter I could conceal it farily well. I will look at a few of those others though too as I wouldn't mind having a few different carrying options. ​

7. RichardSinFWTX

RichardSinFWTX XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use the Blackhawk Serpa CQC for my XDM .45 5.25. The muzzle does stick out from the bottom of the holster about an inch or so;but I like the way it rides and the security of locking in the weapon in the holster.

The drawback is that you can't have anything on the rail while in the holster; but this will be both my CCW and my match gun (IDPA) so I'm not adding a bunch of aftermarket accessories.

You can use it either paddle style or on a belt (which is my preferred method).

8. Simple_man

Simple_man XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought a Mackenzie holsters IWB for both my XDm and my S&W M&P which is a full size 5.25

They are @ www.mackenzieholsters.com

9. ETexPops

ETexPops XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Blade Tech makes a DOH for the 5.25; claim it's for the 9/40 version but the .45 fits as well. Take the DO attachment off and reconfigure as a standard belt holster. Kaliban Cloak makes a holster for the 5.25 in all calibers and I think you can order it as IWB or OWB.

10. Mjolnir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replys everyone. I truly do appreciate all of the feedback. Hopefully this thread will continue on and everyone with the same question can look here for answers. I can't wait to get this gun out of layaway and put some lead through it! :cool:

11. oif0709

oif0709 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Frost modular systems can make anything you want as well even with a light on it. Frost Modular Systems LLC - ??. im a big fan of serpa but unless im wearing a long shirt which I don't usually do or a jacket which wont be for much longer, I can't conceal easily. Im thin so even my wallet is noticeable. I have a galco iwb holster. Its the king tuk model.

12. patrickxdm

patrickxdm XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got a comp-tac holter. They have it for the 5.25 in a belt version, a paddle version, and a slide version. I use the paddle version for my .45. Had to get black plastic sink parts at the hardware store to open up the adjustment and some longer allen screws. I works good and will fit a .40 as well.

13. Mjolnir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be getting my gun out this week, so sometime soon I will be looking at holsters again. Just wanted to see if anyone has seen or used a Dale Fricke holster. I have heard good things about him, and he makes some aiwb, and iwb holsters that should fit the 5.25. Has anyone used his gear?

14. wgedwards

wgedwards XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1 ^^^
    The secret for any holster is the belt. It is the difference between wearing your gun and leaving it at home or in the car.

15. Mjolnir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think your right wards. I am looking at either a riggers belt, or crossbreed seemed to have a good looking leather belt. Any suggestions as far as belts go?