XDM 5.25 9mm - Range Time

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports' started by jhaddon84015, Feb 19, 2012.

1. jhaddon84015

jhaddon84015 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I still need to work on things, I think that I have a tiny bit of flinch, but at least it is a consistant flinch...:) I'm just pushing a little bit. This is 50 rounds at 8 yards.

Attached Files:

2. prof_fate

prof_fate XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as long as you're consistent you can adjust the sights.

I'm about to leave for the range for my first time with my XD.

3. jhaddon84015

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a little leery of changing the sights, because I know that the gun shoots right on. I want to get to where I can get rid of my issues... I bought some snap caps and have been practicing dry firing both my Kimber 1911 and my XDM. I don't seem to have the same issues with my Kimber, I think the super crisp trigger, and lighter pull account for that.

I may put in the trigger job, it may help some, but still I think I can get things figured out with the stock trigger.

Have fun at the range, you are going to love that pistol.

4. prof_fate

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "right on" is relative...it will change with ammo, distance, wind and you. If you're consistent then you can be confident in adjusting the sights.

5. iCreek

iCreek XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks good, a trigger job does help with a lighter pull, but they seem to 'break in' as you use them more also. For now I would just shooting and get 500 - 1000 rounds through it and see if your problem fixes it self as you get more used to it. Good Shooting.

6. jhaddon84015

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 900 rounds through it so it should be pretty well broken in.

I'm pretty positive it is me, if I put it in a rest, it shoots right on, last time I shot better, so I know what I need to work on, and I need to get to the range more often...:)

One thing I will say is that my XDMl, has been multitudes more reliable than my Kimber 1911. The Kimber became more reliable once I put about 1000 rounds through it, but it is super finicky with what ammo it likes.

7. prof_fate

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shot about 60 rounds through mine today...it was way way low, got the sights up pretty close off the bench and not it's up to me to improve.

I don't like cleaning lead out of the bore...next trip to the range will be FMJ and I have 100 jacketed bullets to load and try out.

I was disappointed with the accuracy of me/the gun/the ammo...I also shot my 22 rifle and 22 mark 1 ruger and they both did better than the XD - but they're both broke in and I've shot them more.

The biggest thing I noticed was I"m not 25 anymore...the sights on the XD are way better than the mk1, the rifle has a scope so it wins that contest. LOL

Talked with a guy there that has an XDm9 4.5 and he somehow (he's not sure) got a round he reloaded part way in the chamber it fired - bulged the frame so he had to sent it back to Springfield. $75 shipping and $75 repair - new frame installed. Not a bad price if you ask me.