XDM 5.25 9mm - Range Time

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports' started by jhaddon84015, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Feb 19, 2012 #1
    jhaddon84015

jhaddon84015 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I still need to work on things, I think that I have a tiny bit of flinch, but at least it is a consistant flinch...:) I'm just pushing a little bit. This is 50 rounds at 8 yards.

Attached Files:

2. Feb 19, 2012 #2
    prof_fate

prof_fate XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 9
    as long as you're consistent you can adjust the sights.

I'm about to leave for the range for my first time with my XD.

3. Feb 19, 2012 #3
    jhaddon84015

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a little leery of changing the sights, because I know that the gun shoots right on. I want to get to where I can get rid of my issues... I bought some snap caps and have been practicing dry firing both my Kimber 1911 and my XDM. I don't seem to have the same issues with my Kimber, I think the super crisp trigger, and lighter pull account for that.

I may put in the trigger job, it may help some, but still I think I can get things figured out with the stock trigger.

Have fun at the range, you are going to love that pistol.

4. Feb 19, 2012 #4
    prof_fate

Ratings:
    +31 / 9
    "right on" is relative...it will change with ammo, distance, wind and you. If you're consistent then you can be confident in adjusting the sights.

5. Feb 19, 2012 #5
    iCreek

iCreek XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Looks good, a trigger job does help with a lighter pull, but they seem to 'break in' as you use them more also. For now I would just shooting and get 500 - 1000 rounds through it and see if your problem fixes it self as you get more used to it. Good Shooting.

6. Feb 19, 2012 #6
    jhaddon84015

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 900 rounds through it so it should be pretty well broken in.

I'm pretty positive it is me, if I put it in a rest, it shoots right on, last time I shot better, so I know what I need to work on, and I need to get to the range more often...:)

One thing I will say is that my XDMl, has been multitudes more reliable than my Kimber 1911. The Kimber became more reliable once I put about 1000 rounds through it, but it is super finicky with what ammo it likes.

7. Feb 19, 2012 #7
    prof_fate

Ratings:
    +31 / 9
    Shot about 60 rounds through mine today...it was way way low, got the sights up pretty close off the bench and not it's up to me to improve.

I don't like cleaning lead out of the bore...next trip to the range will be FMJ and I have 100 jacketed bullets to load and try out.

I was disappointed with the accuracy of me/the gun/the ammo...I also shot my 22 rifle and 22 mark 1 ruger and they both did better than the XD - but they're both broke in and I've shot them more.

The biggest thing I noticed was I"m not 25 anymore...the sights on the XD are way better than the mk1, the rifle has a scope so it wins that contest. LOL

Talked with a guy there that has an XDm9 4.5 and he somehow (he's not sure) got a round he reloaded part way in the chamber it fired - bulged the frame so he had to sent it back to Springfield. $75 shipping and $75 repair - new frame installed. Not a bad price if you ask me.