XDM .40/SA 1911 and Desert Eagle .50

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports' started by bigwill8023, Feb 13, 2012.

1. bigwill8023

bigwill8023 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I visited my local shooting range the other day with my 3 handguns, XDM .40, SA Mil spec 1911 and my Desert Eagle .50.

I am very impressed with how well my XDM(4.5) .40 shot. I have put around 400 rounds through it and it seems to shoot better with each trip.

This was the first trip with my new purchase (SA 1911). I had shot my friends SA 1911 a few weeks before, i liked the feel of the 1911. It had a smooth feel and i shot it very well. However, i am having slight trouble with accuracy with my handgun. I have been adjusting my grip, stance aim etc. trying to pin point the best combination. I have only shot around 100 rounds through this, i can tell many more are to come.

I never thought i would own a Desert Eagle, however the salesman did his job that day. I came home with a polished chrome . 50, i had a very hard time finding ammo and had the best luck searching for it online.
    The first round through the gun was eye opening. I expected it to have heavy recoil, however it wasnt all that bad. I then loaded the magazine to full capacity (7 rounds). I took aim, fired in short bursts and found that this gun was very accurate. I had my target set about 35' away and hit within the center mass. Since the ammo isnt the cheapest, this is a gun i will not shoot/bring to the range that often. I have put about 50 rounds through this so far.

A side note: Magnum Research reps. were very helpful and responded very quickly with a few questions i had on my handgun, i was impressed with their customer service!

2. apal

apal XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NICE!