XDM 3.8 compact with Dawson Sights Holster

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by JUSTME02, Jun 23, 2012.

1. JUSTME02

JUSTME02 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How's it going guys.. To start off im new to this so my apologies if im doing this wrong but i just got my xdm 3.8 compact back from Springer Percision who installed the dawson percision adj sight on it (awsome job by the way i highly recomend them) and i was wondering if anyone found a good cc holsters that the pistol will fit in with no problem on the draw or when you re-holster it. The pistol gets caught up on the original holster that comes with it and is to big now for the Blackhawk IWB holster i have.. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Fifa

Fifa XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't help with your question but i would like to see pictures of the gun.

3. JUSTME02

JUSTME02 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went with the Tritium front and Fiber Optic rear

Attached Files:

4. TSiWRX

TSiWRX XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How tall is your front blade? I'm assuming that's the one that's catching, correct?

My Dawson fronts are all.100 wide by .205 tall Dawson fiber-optics, and they easily clears the sight-channels for the following holster (which I own and use):

- Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro
    - Raven Phantom
    - CrossBreed SuperTuck Delux
    - Comp-Tac Minotaur M-TAC
    - R.Olson Gunleather (ROGHolster on eBay) IWB Concealment Holster
    - Kaluban Cloak

I haven't had any problems with snagging/hanging during the draw, and I've taken a number of "run your gun" classes using the Pure Kustom from concealment and Raven setups (the latter carried OWB). I also occasionally carry in the CBST, M-TAC, and ROG. The Kaluban Cloak is my primary dry-practice holster.

But again, it's going to depend on the front sight's height......

5. JUSTME02

JUSTME02 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks TSiWRX u da man.. Mine is roughly .125 wide by .275 tall from the top of the slide. I actually just ordered a Hidden Hybrid Holster IWB earlier today but ill prob try some of those out to.. Heard good things about the CBST but i dont want to wait the 6 weeks for it

6. TSiWRX

TSiWRX XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ^ Whoa! .275 - that's tall indeed......

With the CBST, they really flare the end of that holster at the sight channel, so you should be all-right, but I'd contact the maker, just-in-case. The taller the front sight, the more likely you can snag on the draw-stroke when you're using an open-ended holster like the CBST (IWB or OWB, it doesn't matter), so this is definitely something to watch out for. The last thing you'd want is to catch the front sight on your holster on the draw stroke and spin the gun out of your hand, under-stress.

I wish I had experience with sights that tall, but sadly, I don't, so I honestly don't know what will fit for you. You might want to take the time to contact your potential holster-makers, directly, so that you can discuss this issue with them.

Best of luck!!!

7. JUSTME02

JUSTME02 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea i sent them a e-mail about it now just waiting on a reply.. Although im pretty sure this one isnt an open ended holster, i still wouldnt want it scraping on the draw.. Just have to wait and see i guess.