XDM 3.8 40 S&W Value?

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by xBarracudaSlimx, Jan 4, 2013.

1. xBarracudaSlimx

xBarracudaSlimx XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was wondering what the value of a xdm 3.8 40 s&w was? i Want to upgrade to a 45 acp. so im thinking of selling my 40 3.8 xdm for a xds 45. Just wanted to know what a good price to take for it is? It is the all black XDm with a full size grip (16 rounds) 3.8" barrel, 4 (16 rd) Mag's, and the whole xdm kit it comes with? I have only put about 250 rounds through it and i keep it really clean. any info would help. ( The Gun im selling is the one i have my picture set to) thanks.

2. OldW

OldW XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Before all this current madness started, I would have said at least $500. Now, who knows?

Sometimes if I want to see what guns are selling for, I look on Gunbroker to get a feel of current market value. Keep in mind, I'm not saying you will see prices there that necessarily reflect their worth, but what people are willing to pay.

3. xBarracudaSlimx

xBarracudaSlimx XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ya i was looking on there and they had a few of them used for around 500$ so i think im going to ask around 350-400 for mine. Thanks for the replying

4. BIGHOSS6.7

BIGHOSS6.7 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Saw one at the pawn shop last week for $750....LOL...I am willing to bet it is still there.

5. Joebie

Joebie XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought new at $677 out the door. With 44 dollars for taxes. So base price around $630 I also got $50 worth of range time so ... I guess that was a benefit as well.

I don't know around you guys, but around me everything has pretty much sold out. I couldn't find an XDM9c or XD9sc to save my life, so I went with the XDM40c. I'm not disappointed.

6. Squint

Squint XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Picked mine up last week for $575 plus tax. And now my son wants an XDm 45. I am going to try to find one for him so it will be waiting for when he returns from his deployment.

7. ChrisJr

ChrisJr XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I panic bought mine. Cabela's for $669 + tax, came out to like $725.

Afterwards, I found out that I could have gotten it cheaper online or just looked around for someone selling one.

Oh well, it's my first gun. I think it's OK to get ripped off for my first one. Not again though.

XDm .40 Compact 3.8"

8. Joebie

Joebie XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mine was a panic buy as well. I set out for a 9mm XDMc 3.8"

Nothing was in stock, anywhere.

9. ChrisJr

ChrisJr XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I went to Cabela's first to price and check it out. Then I went to four other smaller gun stores and they were all sold out. And they were saying that their prices were going to go up when they did get more in. So I went back to Cabela's and got it.

10. Texas40

Texas40 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pm me some pics of it n let me know where u r located. I am interested if we can agree on a $$$.

11. mikey4

mikey4 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's like I'm looking in a mirror. I bought an XDm .40 compact 3.8" at Cabela's in Buda yesterday morning. I paid the same. No regrets whatsoever.

12. SHOOT

SHOOT XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hmmm . . . I have a 4.5 .45 that I may test the waters with.

13. Nitro225Optimax

Nitro225Optimax XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Local LGS had a used XDM 3.8 40SW Compact for $489 the Wednesday before the event in CT. I thought that was a good price, but passed at the time. Saturday I went back there, it was gone. It was two tone too. I ended up going back a week later to pick up the 45acp version, not really disappointed.

14. fletchman

fletchman XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would not consider trading my XDm .40 or .45 3.8" for the .45 S, I DID NOT CARE FOR THE S but love both my 3.8" and after the PRP trigger job on both I would not trade them for anything well it would have to be one hell of a pistol and the "S" is not it

15. cbreeze

cbreeze XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings,

Bought one (40 S & W) today for $508.00. Wanted the OD green version and saw one on Gun Broker for that price and $35.00 shipping. Called my favorite FFL who just happened to have one in stock. He matched the Gun Broker price and I was happy. I was at the Waukesha, Wisc. gun show last Friday and one vendor had 1 OD green for about $575.00. He told me that was the last one.

Hope this helps,

cbreeze

BTW, this was the essentials version with mag holder, holster and other items.