XD9 Tactical upgrades?

Discussion in 'XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance' started by cali shot doc, Sep 23, 2010.

1. cali shot doc

cali shot doc XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I shoot USPSA and no matter how hard I work on trigger control, my gun continues to shoots a little low and to the left so I want to get a trigger job done. I'm a medical student so $$$ is an issue. I'm leaning towards Springer Precision and can buy the kit for $130 or send it to them and have Springer do it for $185 plus a lot for shipping. This is my first gun and was wondering if I should just send it in or if I should try to do it myself. I have the AGI video for Disassembly and Reassembly of the XD and have also seen a few youtube videos so I think I can do it (i'd atleast like to think I can :lol: )

Also I have a few questions on a few other upgrades.
    Why upgrade to a polished striker?
    Why get the Titanium Striker Status Indicator kit?
    I'm also thinking about getting the extended mag release since my hand is fairly small.

Also on the AGI Video the guy used "slave" pin.....are these necessary and if so where do you get them.

Thanks for any help and ideas

2. xdnok

xdnok XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A trigger job by any of the quality SA gunsmiths is a very worthwhile investment. Springer has become my favorite and their trigger kits were pretty straightforward to install with a little help from some videos. If you feel very confident about installing the kit and have the correct pin punch's then go for it, however if you have some doubts send it in and you will get your moneys worth. The other great mod for anybody is the extended mag release, IMO is pretty easy to install once you learn the trick.

The polished striker is to mate with the polished sear that comes with their trigger kits, it makes for smoother trigger pull, perhaps they polish your striker when you send in for a trigger job??

I can not think of a reason to get a Ti striker indicator kit, unless you just need to spend some money.

Slave pins are useful for fitting parts and you generally make them as needed.

The short, but sure would be nice and useful list for a XD tactical used in competition:

Trigger job
    Dawson FO sights
    Extended mag release
    Grip tape

Solid guide rod is nice but only after the the others are done.

3. TACC XD

TACC XD XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have heard that the trigger kit thet Springer installs is not the same as teh one we purchase, and also they "fine tune" when the do it, which the one we buy may need some gunsmithing to "polish" it.

I am looking into getting one done also on my XD9 Tactical.

I personally just finished putting TFO's on because I had them on 3 other guns and it makes it much easier for me to pick up the sights.

4. clj94104

clj94104 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Look at the PRP Ultimate Match Target trigger kit. Kit is $135 for regular XD, $145 for XDM. VERY nice. You wont even notice those titanium parts and polished striker really.... something I have learned. You would need some sophisticated equipment to tell the difference with those. Get the trigger kit, you will be happy.

5. KenKen0269

KenKen0269 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The prp kit is definetly the way to go in my opinion. I am sure the springer kit is awesome too, but I have some experience with the prp kit and you can do it. Just take your time and no distractions. You can do it. Call Daniel at PRP, he is the man.