XD recall????

Discussion in 'General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk' started by ptn, May 4, 2008.

1. ptn

ptn XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to a gunstore/indoor/outdoor range in central Ohio yesterday looking for some ammunition for my XD45's. Nice new facility, fairly well stocked and staffed by friendly people. While there, I asked one of the salespeople about the XD. He said XD's are not selling because of problems with the sticking grip safety and added that there is a factory recall on the XD. He went on to tell how much better the S&W M&P pistols are and that they outsell the XD by a huge margin. I can imagine XD's aren't selling if this is what he tells people who show interest in the XD line. I have never heard of a recall on XD pistols. Is this old news, something I missed maybe or just pure fabrication on the part of the young "gun expert" at this gun store? Can anyone offer any insight.

2. fxstchewy

fxstchewy XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have both of mine registered with springfield and they have NOT sent me anything about a Recall so I have to say it's BS.

3. Pugs

Pugs XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm gonna try to remember to call Springfield Armory tomorrow to confirm, but I'll stick my neck out and say that there is not a recall on XDs and you should tell the store manager that his salesperson is spreading BS.

4. Smoke_Works

Smoke_Works XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That a load of malarkey. He probably has a sales incentive from his rep to say that kind of nonsense. I'd ask him to produce that information in writing in front of his manager. In other words, prove it.

5. xdfan80

xdfan80 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This would be news to me as well. I was recently on SA's site and didnt see anything about a recall. I also didnt receive anything in the mail from them and my gun is registered with them. Doesnt sound right to me. Somebody should call SA and tell them that a shop that has their pistols is telling people that. See what they say about it.

6. mrosamilia

mrosamilia XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have both the Xd and M&P Pistols, and I am very good friends with the GM of the largest gun store in Pa. My friend does not go out of his way to sway me to the M&P when I buy pistols, but he sure does put on the full court press. He is a very reigious man and would never fabricate such a story, now having said that I have asked him about the recall and he said that it is hogwash to his knowledge. He has had many chances to "work" on me about the M&P this year by the way.

7. ERRveneno

ERRveneno XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe recall is for owners in order to congratulate our wonderful choice

8. tnroadrunner

tnroadrunner XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was on SA web site on Friday and have received nothing from SA in the mail. Sounds like BS to me.

9. Bearcreek

Bearcreek XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    B-o-l-o-g-n-a

10. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    The guy just wanted to buy it himself, but had been told if a customer comes in before closing ... Ya gotta sell it. So he lied:rolleyes:

Recall or not, I can see issues with the design ... Why did they screw with perfection ??? To meet the requirements of a few agencies!! IMO, they complicated a good design.

11. HTOWN stunna

HTOWN stunna XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    kinda like the guy who told me his, sigma had a 12 ounce trigger pull, ended up being like 14 pounds, and that his sigma and hi point are better than my XD? lol i just looked at him and laughed.

12. shaner

shaner XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    hey PTN i doubt that there is a recall it would be public info alover the place , what store did you go to , iam goin back to central ohio would like to stop in?

13. Rustynuts

Rustynuts XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 3
    If there was a problem big enough for a recall, I think we'd have seen the reasonings on this board WAY before an official SA recall. Definite total sales BS. Probably just his personal likes or a sales push by the store, S&W rep. Print out this thread and call him on it!

14. Raptor1956

Raptor1956 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know what the incentive is from the various manufacturers? When buying a car there's the price listed on the window, you can also lookup what the dealer pays for the car, but there is even a third factor -- the hold back. Knowing something about this should give you an idea why a dealer or salesman pushes one product over another.

Brian

15. Rustynuts

Rustynuts XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 3
    Not sure about that. I would just check the lowest price online. Buds Gunshop, CDNN, Vance's, and Gunbroker are good places to check for decent deals. You'll find that most local dealers are often $100's higher even after you factor in shipping and transfer fees. For the most part, shipping is nullified by local taxes. Some online dealers quote shipped, so the transfer fee would be nullified by your local taxes and you can pretty much compare price to price then. Out of about 7 or 8 guns I've bought this year, only one was at a local dealer.