XD Armorers Manual

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) FAQ & Stickies' started by Old School, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old School

Old School Super Moderator Staff Member Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    At the request of Springfield Armory Inc., because of safety issues and liability, this information been removed. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact Springfield Armory directly.

Sorry for any troubles or aggrevation this may cause you.

Your Friendly Moderator,
    Old School

2. one-eyed-fatman

one-eyed-fatman XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I'm truly heart broken! I loved that thread. :cry:

Hey, nobody else responded so what the hell.

3. ajamesp51

ajamesp51 Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    As stated in the thread the information is still out there.

4. one-eyed-fatman

one-eyed-fatman XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    OH... I forgot to say J/K.

5. mulder

mulder XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wasnt going to comment either but here goes. This info is not available in Australia and it makes it difficult when trying to work on something when this ifo is not at hand. So how about it Springfield, I would gladly buy one from you. I would even sign a waver saying I would take responsibilty for anything I did to the pistol. Come on what do you say?
    David
    Australia

6. ChevyBlazerGuy

ChevyBlazerGuy XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If the XD-Manual is not available from Springfield what about contacting the Main company in Croatia?? They might have an HS-2000 Armorers Manual?? Somebody out there must know how to get ahold of them in Croatia? Its worth a try??

7. USN RM3

USN RM3 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I spoke with Dave Williams about this issue folks. I was advised from Dave that the COPYRIGHT is not an issue, as well as he told me that the manual is MINE!

I was told they are worried about the liability issue involving the repair of the XD's. I can understand this. I explained to Dave that I would not issue any copies of the manual out.

I can surely understand thier concern, BUT when one can go onto the net and get the smae information that is provided in this manual, I don't understand.

However with that being said. I will abide by thier request.

I am sorry for any problems that this has caused anyone.

Tom

8. joshuasmith

joshuasmith XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guys

I am absolutely dismayed that the Armorers Thread has been removed at Springfield's request.

I thought this was a free thinking independant forum where information could be shared between responsible people but it would appear not.

As has been stated earler copyright is NOT the issue here so what has happened to freedom of speech? Now we are getting censored by the manufacturers? It's outrageous.

Perhaps Springfield should make a statement clearly admonishing themselves of responsibility or liability for this manual when it is received indirectly. Would that be acceptable to get this thread reinstated?

Lets be realistic here, someone somewhere will get a copy of it and distribute it electronically whether Springfield like it or not. If i were them i would service the interests of all of the customers who want this information and are responsible XD owners.

Happy XD owners means more sales for Springfield.

9. yobo97sc2

yobo97sc2 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i'm new and this might seem like a dumb question but why would we need a manual on fixing the xd when it has a lifetime warrenty?

10. phil evans

phil evans XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i wonder what all the fuss is about letting the armour's manual into the forum.
    it should be innocuous.
    the text of this manual it not like springfield's rap music hip hop advertizement of the xd subcompact that glorifies the pistol.

11. invssgt

invssgt XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Wonderful. I guess they will piss & moan until the "Premature Slide Lock" thread gets deleted, too. Springfield's attitude on matters like this is starting to piss me off. Wonder what they're going to do about Kuhnhausen's Shop Manual for the 1911? I already got one of those...

Yobo, the need for an armorer's manual is rooted in the idea that some of us detest having to ship our guns back to the manufacturer, for simple fixes.

12. USN RM3

USN RM3 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I could not agree with you any more!!! I too am pissed off over this issue. WHat really gets me is the passing of a threat of a copyright issue. HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU GIVE SOMEBODY SOMETHING, AND THEN TURN AND SAY, WELL WE DON"T WANT EVERYONE TO GET AHOLD OF THIS AND THINK THEY ARE ARMORERS.

I have been through the armorers course and I learn more from you guys on a day to day basis than I did from the one day class.

For the record all but one of my XD's have been sold, and I have purchased 4 glocks this week alone. I just don't understand Springfield's stance on this.

Tom :roll:

13. RonC

RonC XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done Google searches for Springfield XD armorer manual and have found nothing. Perhaps someone can give me a hint about where it might be found?

Thanks,
    Ron

14. mulder

mulder XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By the way the Croatian manufacturer doesnt have an armourers manual.

15. invssgt

invssgt XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Here's what we got, boys- we have a manufacturer that evidently doesn't want anyone else working on their product.

This is roughly comparable to Chevy going to Hanes or Chilton's, and saying "Gee guys, we'd prefer if you didn't put out repair manuals on our 2000 and later model vehicles, for "liability reasons"- you know, Joe Schmuck might get his finger caught in the serpentine belt, or screw up the tranny-lock interface on "Park", etc. It's just not good when other people work on our vehicles, and you know we have dealerships with service departments, all over the country...

Right... Springfield might as well "swallow" on this one. People have been working on their own mechanical devices since there have been mechanical devices, and a few good souls have helped them out by publishing repair or shop manuals- and made themselves a few bucks in the effort.

This is called FREE ENTERPRISE for anyone in Geneseo IL who might be reading this, and doesn't get the basic concept.

Old School, you're allright and I'm not busting your chops for your decision. But somebody is going to publish an "armorer's/shop/repair manual" (or whatever the hell you want to call it) for the XD, whether they like it or not. The information is going to get developed and shared.

It's GOING to happen. Tough **** if the manufacturer don't like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.