worksharp electric tool sharpener

Discussion in 'Cold Steel' started by rambro, Jun 17, 2012.

1. rambro

rambro XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Work Sharp Tools

just saw a model on DIY network, on the show called i want that. Seemed pretty neat and easy for chisels, axes, hatchets etc.

Wonder if the knife sharpening is up to par with hand sharpening. It does not have to be AS GOOD, but close to as good, with about 90 % less time and effort would be ok with me.

Curious if anyone has seen these in person, are they junk and half plastic, or are they decent enough, and can expect them to hold up to a homeowners use. Not sharpening the tools of a landscaping company or serious woodsmen.

What say you ?

2. nuhler

nuhler XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes i have one! HIGHLY RECCOMENDED.

This will make all your knives extreemly sharp. The nice thing is that you can sharpen any knife in about 10 seconds and you dont need any special skills or years of practice.

If you sit in front of a spyderco sharpmaker you may be able to make them a bit sharper but it does take longer and requires alot of skill and know how.

Because i can sharpen my knives so easily all my knives are always razor sharp.

My friends who have stone sharpeners never have the blade edge that my knives have.

3. nuhler

nuhler XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also yes they will hold up. You arent suppossed to run them longer than 20 min at a time because the motor gets too hot.

I sharpen machetes, lawn mower blades, and axe's all the time