Wives of deployed soldiers...

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by justgotback, Sep 22, 2010.

1. justgotback

justgotback Super Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0
    I just wanted to post a message to those that know Soldiers that are deployed to the combat theatre. Many of us appreciate their sacrifices, and their dedication to the Nation. However, many forget or innocently just do not realize the sacrifices that the wives make to support their husbands and the country.

Wives hold the house together and take care of the children. It's swimming lessons, soccer practice, school, dinner, baths, and night time stories. They also take care of fevers, sniffles, and scraped knees and bruises. Not to mention house repairs, ensuring the car's oil is changed tires replaced and everything that goes along with it. Husbands aren't there to comfort their wives when they are having a bad day, hurting for some reason, or just needs assurance that she is appreciated and needed.

It takes a special woman to handle all these important things in the absence of the man of the house. So when we all think of those battle hardened soldiers that are out doing the hard work in the trenches, let's also remember and honor the wives of these men that sacrifice so much as well..

2. Learn2turn

Learn2turn XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A wonderful message, well said.

3. oklawall

oklawall XDTalk 30K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    I have one of those, when I was active I sent this to her every military spouse day

<table width="580" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" width="100%"><center>[SIZE=+2]When God Created The Military Wife[/SIZE]
    </center> <center>The Good Lord was creating a model for military wives and was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared. She said, "Lord, you seem to be having a lot of trouble with this one. What’s wrong with the standard model?"
    </center> <center>The Lord replied, "Have you seen the specs on this order? She has to be completely independent, possess the qualities of both father and mother, be a perfect hostess to 4 or 40 with an hour’s notice, run on black coffee, handle every emergency imaginable without a manual, be able to carry on cheerfully, even if she is pregnant and has the flu, and she must be willing to move to a new location 10 times in 17 years. And oh yes, she must have six pairs of hands." The angel shook her head, "Six pair of hands? No way!"
    </center> <center>The Lord continued, "Don’t worry, we will make other military wives to help her. And we will give her an unusually strong heart so it can swell with pride in her husband’s achievements, sustain the pain of separations, beat soundly when it is overworked and tired, and be large enough to say "I understand" when she doesn’t and say, ‘I love you’ regardless".
    </center> <center>"Lord," said the angel, touching his arm gently "Go to bed and get some rest. You can finish this tomorrow". "I can’t stop now", said the Lord "I am so close to creating something unique. Already this model heals herself when she is sick, can put up six unexpected guests for the weekend, wave goodbye to her husband from a depot, pier or runway and understand why it’s important that he leave."
    </center> <center>The angel circled the model of the military wife, looked at it closely and sighed, "It looks fine, but it’s too soft". "She might look soft", replied the Lord, "but she has the strength of a lion. You would not believe what she can endure."
    </center> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="150" align="left"> <center>

</center> </td> <td width="435"> <center>Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the Lord’s creation. "There’s a leak", she announced. "Something is wrong with the construction. You are trying to put too much into this model."
    </center> <center>The Lord appeared offended at the angel’s lack of confidence. "What you see is not a leak", he said, "It’s a tear." "A tear? What is it there for?", asked the angel. The Lord replied, "It’s for joy, sadness, pain, disappointment, loneliness, pride and a dedication to all the values that she and her husband hold dear." "You are a genius!" exclaimed the angel.
    </center> <center>The Lord looked puzzled and replied, "I didn’t put it there".

</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

4. Texas Heat

Texas Heat XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah and alot of wives of deployed soldiers are known for the exact opposite of all that......

5. Achped

Achped XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Truth.

Glad I was never married in Iraq. I had a Marine who came to me asking "Is it ok for my wife to have sex with other guys if there are no emotions? Its like masturbation...only with another person."

Get the **** outta here.

6. mongovb

mongovb XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In my early Navy days, we called them Med widows. As soon as the ship pulled out, they would come out of the woodwork hitting all the clubs. I dont think its like that anymore.

On the flip side, I have been to several of my buddies retirements and the wives are given awards at the end of the ceremony in appreciation of their sacrifices.

7. justgotback

justgotback Super Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0
    The good ones far out weigh the bad ones............

There are some great men on the battlefield that have a great woman waiting for them back home...

8. TACC XD

TACC XD XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "yeah its ok , its only with "jody" yeah right !!!!!!!!!!

9. UofHdevildog

UofHdevildog XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was common enough that I never got married while I was in. To be honest there's only a select few wives I knew that would qualify for praise. Most of the ones I saw drained their husband's bank account on stupid things or threatened to divorce when they got back. It's pretty bad when your dispersing office automatically enrolls married Marines in the split pay option.

10. oklawall

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    I saw that in the early 90 when I was stationed in Hawaii

At my retirement my wife was given a award signed by the SAF and President Bush, but I/the person setting up my retirement had to request the letter

11. oklawall

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    I had one of the good ones

12. Bowser4x4

Bowser4x4 XDTalk 500 Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I grew up as an Army brat and can testify to what the military wives did....

My mom went thru:

14 moves in 23 years, most of the time with dad already at the new duty station. Moving two kids to new schools and relocating to the other side of the country with 6 weeks notice.

Dad's 2 tours in Vietnam... first one she just had one child, 2nd tour and she had two kids to deal with plus the knowledge that her husband was in combat.

Having to deal with a spouse who was on TDY, schools, field exercises and alerts at all hours.

I will say that the friends she made during that time she kept forever....a very tight knit group.

All military wives have my deepest respect....

Woof
    Bowser

13. kaizenboi

kaizenboi XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    well said!!! :p:p