Wisconsin CC processing time

Discussion in 'CCW and Open Carry Talk' started by RedArrow32, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Mar 19, 2017 #1
    RedArrow32

RedArrow32 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I'm officially a proud new owner of an XDS 9. I've had the itch to start carrying for a few years now, but that itch has finally become unbearable since I've been getting through law enforcement training. So I purchased my XDS from Bud's Gun Shop along with a Foxx hybrid iwb holster, and now all I need is my permit.

I put everything in the mail - paper application, honorable DD214, $40 check - last Thursday, 9 March. It's been ten days, which I know isn't a long time. But I've talked to several friends who recently got their carry permits who said that it took around a week or less. And I read an article from 2016 stating that at that time the average turnaround was six days, and that was before the online applications (which I learned about just after mailing my paper one).

Also, my check still hasn't been cashed. I don't know for sure if that's an indicator, but I can't imagine they'd send me the permit before ensuring that my check would go through. And if that's the case, then it'll still be at least another few days. I'm leaving for a trip Tuesday that I REALLY wanted to carry on (WI's permit is honored everywhere I'm going), so I guess I'm out of luck.

Anyway, does anyone have any insight as to the current processing times? Does anyone know whether or not the check being cashed is an indicator, what I can expect, and what might be holding up my permit?

Thanks much, and cheers!

2. Mar 19, 2017 #2
    ActionAl

ActionAl XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Got mine about a month ago in about a week, but I did it online.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mar 20, 2017 #3
    XDmct

XDmct XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    It took 24 days to get mine, from the day Wisconsin started accept applications.

4. Apr 18, 2017 #4
    AZee Hunter

AZee Hunter XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just got my CPL here in Michigan, it only took 1 week from the time I filed and had my fingerprints taken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk