Where do I sell my AR's

Discussion in 'Other Long Gun Talk' started by Logan337, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Jun 9, 2017 #1
    Logan337

Logan337 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys, I'm looking for some tips on how to sell my DD M4V5. I've tried Facebook groups but that hasn't worked for me. I was just wondering how you guys go about selling or trading your guns? I'm not sure at all how it works, I'm pretty sure I can't just stick it in a box and use FedEx to ship it to someone. Or maybe I can I really have no idea. Any advice is appreciated because I really ran into a brick wall. Thanks in advance.

2. Jun 9, 2017 #2
    TSiWRX

TSiWRX XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +2,150 / 7
    FB is pretty strict on firearms sales - and none of the hobbyist Groups will allow you to do so: most will hit you with a no-warning instaban.

The DD is a good gun. You may have decent luck on more discriminating Forums such as M4Carbine.net or Primary & Secondary. Shipping is always going to cost you, as it'll need to go through an FFL if it crosses state lines...depending on your state laws, however, transfer of a long-gun (or firearm) may occur without that need if it is a private, person-to-person sale, and both parties meet legal requirements for firearms ownership. You really should research gun-sales laws via online resources, such as those provided by the NRA, before you go any further, for your own protection if nothing else. Heading into this with an "I really have no idea" attitude and relying on others' advice is not a great way to go, given all that can potentially go wrong and land you in a whole heap of trouble.

Overall, I would not sell now unless I absolutely had to. Prices are now at an all time low, even for hardware in the upper tiers. I'd wait-out to the market turns in your favor.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Jun 9, 2017 #3
    Jonnyuma

Jonnyuma XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +4,239 / 65
    Much easier to sell it locally on Armslist.com... no shipping and no charge to list it.
    You could put it on consignment at a local gun store (LGS), but they'll charge a percentage of the sale price.
    Depending on your state's laws you may have to do the transfer at an FFL'd dealer and have them perform the NICS check on the potential buyer.

4. Jun 9, 2017 #4
    Amish_ninjas

Amish_ninjas XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +3,787 / 22
    Tacswap

What do you want for it?

5. Jun 10, 2017 #5
    Logan337

Logan337 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guys, I live in Louisiana so I know our laws aren't strict compared to some states. I was hoping to be able to find someone on Facebook to do an in person transaction but it doesn't look like that will happen.

I'm not looking to make a killing, I was thinking like $1200 for everything. The thing is its the 300 blackout and not many people are willing to try it. Most people around here are looking for. 223's if anything.

6. Jun 10, 2017 #6
    Cuda66

Cuda66 XDTalk 20K Member

Kandiyohi County, MN--land of fields and lakes.
    Ratings:
    +11,166 / 269
    Yeah, Armslist will be your best bet.

Beyond that, @TSiWRX 'S post says pretty much the same thing I would.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jun 10, 2017 #7
    Acheron2010

Acheron2010 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +2,335 / 10
    • Agree Agree x 1