Warning about springfield oem night sights!!!

Discussion in 'General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk' started by jlh820, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlh820

jlh820 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WARNING ABOUT SPRINGFIELD OEM NIGHT SIGHTS!!!

I have a one month old XDm9c 3.8" bitone with "Factory Night Sights". I've had troubles with my groups with this gun and I finally figured out why. I'm losing my sight picture in the indoor light at the range. Why? These alleged Trijicon Tritium Night Sights are BOGUS!!! Why? Because Trijicon didn't make them. But they have the Trijicon name! Yes, they do and that's because the tubes are made by Trijicon but the Sight Assemblies are provided by Springfield, not Trijicon - even though they have the Trijicon markings and emblems which are supposed to verify that you have genuine Trijicon sights.

OK, so what's the difference? Real Trijicons have white ring tubes which surround the tritium tube so you can actually see the sight when it's too bright for the tritium to glow, which is most of the time. These BOGUS Springfield FAKES do NOT!

I'm going to be contacting Springfield to see if they are willing to make good on their FALSE ADVERTISING claims. The dealer I bought the gun from has offered to help me get a set of real Trijicons on my XDm9c should Springfield renege and choose to take my money and run. I really hope they don't do that, though the are the company that advertises being the oldest American gun manufacturer but hasn't made a gun in the USA in decades.

I don't like getting ripped off. I hope this post can help others from getting ripped off, too. But remember this...

DON'T BUY FACTORY INSTALLED NIGHT SIGHTS FROM SPRINGFIELD - THEY'RE FAKES AND ARE WORTHLESS IMITATIONS.

2. Cuda66

Cuda66 XDTalk 10K Member

Kandiyohi County, MN--land of fields and lakes.
    Ratings:
    +356 / 4
    This is not news; there's several posts here about SA just using Trijicon tubes, bit not actual trijicon mfg'd sights.

3. dhunley1

dhunley1 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Where do they claim that they are genuine Trijicon sights?

4. XDad

XDad XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was totally planning on buying one with factory night sites! I was under the impression that they'd be just as sharp during the day as at night. So, you're saying this is definitely NOT the case? I don't want to spend $200 extra on a gun that I can only shoot in low light! If that's the case, the white dots are good enough... AND MUCH MORE FRIENDLY ON MY WALLET!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Android using Tapatalk

5. ajamesp51

ajamesp51 Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    They are not fakes, but as Cuda66 said there is several threads about this, and for a time they were giving Trijicon a bad name since every one thought they were trijicon sights....which they are not.

Trijicon is one of the few Night Sight manufactures that has the Nuclear regulatory Commission licensing for manufacturing radioactive devices. So if you are a sight company instead of going through all of those hurdles what you can do is make your own housing then buy the completed Trijicon vials in your hosing and now you have a complete sight. When trijicon puts their vials into the housing the stamp the sight in white writing with Trijicon the H3(tritium) and the year of manufacture. So when you buy a set of XS sights that is why they say Trijicon. And is also the case with the Springfield OEM night sights.

I have always said it is not better to buy the night sights preinstalled.......and not just because I am an installer. There is a problem with the factory sights. But I don`t think they advertise that the factory sights are Trijicons so it is not false advertising. The sights are marked that way with all sights companies that use the Trijicon vials.

The factory "trijicons" lack the nice white ring around the vials that real trijicons have for use during day or night.

6. wbw

wbw XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn. :-x I just bought an XD-45 with the factory night sights. I pick the gun up tomorrow. It was a real good deal. I've never owned night sights before. Only fiber optics. I didn't realize that these were going to be hard to see in daylight. The night sights were practically free, so the worst case I guess is that I pay to get FO installed and I lose my good deal.

7. df34adfe34

df34adfe34 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    These are what I got from the factory:

(clickable thumbnails)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. wbw

wbw XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That looks like what I'm getting, if I remember correctly. I pick the gun up tomorrow.

Do you have a problem with them in outdoor daylight?

9. ajamesp51

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
  10. JayEndo

JayEndo XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you shooting in the dark at the range? How he hell are night sites causing you to have problems with your sight picture at a lighted range? Kinda like getting into a car accident at lunch time and blaming your headlights that you cant see..... Ohh and SA and every gun web sight lists them as factory night sights not trijicons.... I guess you should have researched before you bought, thats what i do. and you poor gun dealer is only selling you what you wanted from the factory...

11. ajamesp51

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    Thats what I was remembering they called them "factory night sights" not Trijicons.

12. wbw

wbw XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I'll know for sure tomorrow afternoon after I get the gun. I'll let you know.

13. pjcforpres2020

pjcforpres2020 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So confused. They have 3 night sight options, all are $105. Which ones did you get?

Springfield fixed tritium night sight set (3 green dots) . . . . . . . . . $105.00
    Trijicon 3 dot tritium night sight set (3 green dots) . . . . . . . . . $105.00
    Heinie Straight 8 Slant Pro tritium night sight set (1 green dot rear, 1 green dot front) . . . . . . . $105.00

14. JayEndo

JayEndo XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Those are from the custom shop.... I think you can only get the standard sight and the standard night sights on a new gun from the factory enless its the new 9mm comp

15. locoyon

locoyon XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    rMy Heinie night sights don't have the white rings around the inserts and I have no issues with sight alingment or my grouping. Sorry your having these troubles,I'm sure Springfield would go to work to solve your problems for you but just a heads-up you may mave to meet them in the middle, doubt it though.Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.