walther PPK knockoff

Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by billbrasky, Feb 7, 2008.

1. billbrasky

billbrasky XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    does anyone know about these units. I had read on that the polish made a knock off ....

any details on these? http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=58&Page=2

[​IMG]

here is the link to the page with 5 different versions diff prices.http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=58&Page=2

Are they good shooters ?

Will after market parts or replacement parts for a real walther swap right in ?

I am set on ordering the sig p6/p226 they have, might as well get a gun i always wanted for bargain basement price right ?

any info would be great i googled the crap outta it, and variations and cant find squat.

2. Frenchy

Frenchy <b>Cat Herder</b> Staff Member Founding Member

Near the confluence of the Missouri and Osage
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    FEG in Hungary is a well-respected arms manufacturer. They produce a quality gun. I wouldn't hesitate owning one!

3. billbrasky

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    so frenchy do you know if they are kinda in the same vein that HK g3 was licensed to many countries, or the FN FAL licensed to western allies etc, husqavarna mausers and all the other mauser variants.

This is essentially a clone, as long as i can stomach not having the walther name on it (fine by me, i am more function over form and dont buy guns to impress) it is 99% the same ?

If so sweet, i am getting two guns this week the p226 and this ppk clone.

4. Frenchy

Ratings:
    +52 / 0

5. billbrasky

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    darn there is nothing about these on google

for a $129 i almost dont care. Would be nice to know that walther parts swap right over though. It would be a real deal then.

bump.

6. billbrasky

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
  7. 1-2-bang

1-2-bang XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't have any specifics on this model but I used to have an FEG Hi-Power clone. I was my first hand gun I ever bought and it shot great. On top of all that if I remember correctly the gun and an extra mag only cost me $250 at the pawn shop in the town where I went to college. it served me well for 2 years when I traded it for a TZ-75 that I still own to this day and probably always will. :cool:

8. einheit 13

einheit 13 XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Actually, the HK is a copy of the CETME...the entire HK line of rifles and SMGs got their start from the CETME.

FEG makes great guns, mostly military weapons instead of commercial. The PA-63 is a better design (safety wise) than the original PP. The AP series is a great performer and has been used all over Europe by military and policeman. I'd by a FEG before a PP/K any day. I love German guns, but Walther isn't what it use to be, I don't care to pay a premium for a name...same reason I won't but a Harley Davidson....

Anyway, yes some Walther parts will fit them. FEG (FEGARMY Arms Co.) makes weapons for, and that are badged as Mauser in Europe.

9. Frenchy

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I figured einheit would weigh in on this...Thanks!

The pistol is a no-brainer, Bill...Snap one up.

10. bigun

bigun XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Just as a footnote the design team from CETME were mostly designers from Mauser, Walther, Spreework that fled Germany and found a home in Spain after WW2. FEG makes great guns with a solid reputation for reliability. They are still the value leader kind of like what CZ was just after the fall of the wall. I've owned 2 and was more than happy with both.

11. AH-1

AH-1 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have owned both so my .02

both are great guns where the feg lacks the walther is in the trigger.the feg doesn't come close to the trigger pull of the walther.plan on getting a trigger job to smooth out the feg.the walther is crisp out of the box.

:D and I do own a harley and a walther ppk:D.the feg I loaned to my daughter while she was living off campus at OUS.she refuses to give it back;).
    pete

12. infected

infected XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  13. danp

danp XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    One thing that is worth mentioning is that these are not PPK clones, they are PP's. They are longer than the PPK and will not fit in closed-toe PPK holsters.

Still a great gun, I love my .32 PP, just be advised that this ain't the James Bond gun.

14. billbrasky

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    glad you joined the thread einheit, i hoped to get your mil surp / surplus expert opinion on this.

Ya busted me, i even knew that about the CETME, before deciding on the FAL last month i was looking at G3's. I guess i just have HK 'itus. I really did know that about the CETME and G3 origins.

Well i dont need to swap anything right away i just figured walther parts might be easier to come buy or have better aftermarket grip choices, springs etc.

Interesting that you even prefer the FEG. Well with your endorsement and Frenchys i will go ahead and buy it with my P6/226.

Sweet, I am really starting to like all these milsurp web sites i am learning about. Centerfire even has $99 non #s matching mausers and i am tempted to order three guns at once. VERY tempted.

15. einheit 13

einheit 13 XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Yep, but they didn't 'flee', Volgrimler also worked a Sauer & Sohn as a consultant for a short time while he was at CETME....