WalMart ARs - Keep your eyes open

Discussion in 'AR Talk' started by showmepro1200, Dec 30, 2012.

1. showmepro1200

showmepro1200 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in my local Wally World yesterday talking to the guy at the gun counter, and he told me they had two AR rifles arrive at the store the day before (a Windham and a CMMG) and they both sold off just as soon as they hit the rack. At my surprise of hearing this he said they (at this store) are not notifying anyone, no holds whatsever, its first come first sale as available, and he has no idea if and when any will arrive, if at all.

Word to wise - keep eye out, they may still be trickling in here and there, apparently. Heck I'd seriously consider buying another one if I had one pop up when I was there. :eek:

2. ///MCoupé

///MCoupé XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    We had 2 in our store and they got pulled by management citing new policy guidelines after CT event. Not sure they'll come back at this point. There was a Christmas eve break in and thieves took 30000 in guns and ipads and electronics but they didn't say if the ARs were taken. I hope they start stocking the 223 models again because all we have are Mossy 22LR models now.

3. showmepro1200

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm just saying the possibility of a popup exists - I'm keeping my radar on just in case.

4. rmccracken

rmccracken XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of my local Wal-Mart stores told me that they are not getting any more weapons, ammo or accessories. That when they sell through what they have (which was not much, BTW) they would not carry anything having to do with firearms anymore.

5. showmepro1200

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My WMT yesterday had a full stock of all its long guns, less the ARs. And of course, the key calibers of ammo (9, 45, 223, etc) were down to nil.

Point Im trying to make is, there does appear to be some still trickling through the system. Whether its the last of stock for one or all the stores is left to be seen.

6. ptco911

ptco911 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. showmepro1200

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for that.

I was going to say, unless someone is talking to a person with last name of Kronke or Laurie, don't bet the farm on what you're hearing. The sales folks and even the managers at WMT are not being told the details of any plans.

8. ///MCoupé

///MCoupé XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    My Walmart doesn't recognize that policy apparently so I'll bring it up next trip in there.

9. Superorb

Superorb XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There are only two WM stores in all of the Denver Metro area that sell long guns. Do I need to go to one of those two stores to order from their catalog or can any store order long guns?

10. TeXJ

TeXJ XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The one by my house that does sell long guns sells ARs when they come in. They got 6 in last week and we sold right when they came in. They also stock the shelves when they get ammo, however with demand, as soon as the ammo goes up it is quickly bought.

11. XD9MMUser

XD9MMUser XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    are the prices still where they were before the shitstorm though. i could get a bare bones windham for 699 and a bushmaster patrolman for 947.

haven't seen anymore in stock though so that's the reason i ask about pricing.

12. TeXJ

TeXJ XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Prices havent changed, the ammo has gone up just a hair though, maybe a dollar or two more.

13. KYXD9er

KYXD9er XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would love to get one, but don't see it happening. I was in Wally World yesterday all they had was 308, 7mm, 30-30 ammo and .380. Remember a few years ago you couldn't find .380 now that is all you see. Can't even find .22 around here. I hope Walmart continues to sell AR's. I was in Dicks Sporting Goods yesterday and guy behind counter said they won't sell them again.

14. BryanTheRed

BryanTheRed XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went to my local Walmart this morning around 0730 and picked up almost all of the .223 ammo they had recieved in the overnight shipment. The lady at the gun counter told me that they were still able to purchase ammo and they got a shipment everynight they just didn't know what they were getting until it arrived. She also told me the manager was still able to order AR's and that Walmart corporate was promising to fulfill orders unless a ban is passed. She tole me best bet on ammo is to go in the mornings between 0700 and 0800, she said it ws all certainly gone by noon!

15. Superorb

Superorb XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is this a WM that normally has long guns on display? I'm trying to figure out if I can order an AR from any store or if I have to drive an hour to the store that has long guns by me.