used XD9 price..XD9sc comparison?

Discussion in 'General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk' started by sinistersixguns, Sep 10, 2008.

1. sinistersixguns

sinistersixguns XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have a friend who is looking to buy his first pistol, and I just happen to have a XD9 svc that I am considering selling (so I can get a XD9subcompact) My XD9 svc has the OD green frame, 1200 rnds with no FTE/FTFs, has all the accessories/box that it came with and has been treated very well. What would be a fair price to sell it to him? A local gunshop said they'd give me $325 (on a trade), but I'd think selling it outright should be in the $425-475 range. That said, I've been good friends with the potential buyer for all my life and don't want to "rip him off".

For those of you out there who own the XD9sc, how does it compare to the other XDs in reliabilty, recoil, accuracy etc? I am thinking of trading my XD9svc for a subcompact...mostly for my girlfriend to use/carry. She is very petite w/ small hands. She does good with my XD9svc, but is the subcompact too 'snappy'??

What is the going rate for a new XD9sc?

Thanks

2. bikerboy

bikerboy XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck with the sale and the purchase of the SC. For a point of reference, I just bought my XD9 Service on GunBroker about a month ago. I paid $375 for the gun and 3 mags. I picked up another 7 mags for $50--4 for XD (2 for XD9 and 2 for XD40), 3 for a Sig P228. I still haven't traded the XD40 mags or moved the Sig mags yet, but still, I got a pretty good deal.

3. mp3mogul

mp3mogul XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I think it mostly depends on the market of the area you are in.

With that said... I can buy a new XD9 Service for 425.00 in my area.

4. mhillsing23

mhillsing23 XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0
    Used should go between $400-$425. I picked mine up new for $399, but those days seem to be long gone. Stores around here sell used ones for $479. I don't think they would move at that price, but they do.

As far as the Service vs. SC, I don't think you will have any problems. I own both. I owned the Service for 7 months before I got the SC, so I naturally preferred the Service. But, the more I shoot the SC the more I like it. It isn't really much more snappy with target/range ammo, but you can feel a bit of a difference between the two if you are firing 124g +P or something.

5. Perchjerk

Perchjerk XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You loose nothing in accuracy with the subby, gain no more felt recoil, and gain more concealability. go for it. i did it and will never look back!

6. Slade797

Slade797 XDTalk 500 Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Look on youtube.com for videos of people firing the XD9SC. It's easy to see that the recoil is negligible.

Go for it!

7. Kaboom

Kaboom XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 5
    Same here, I have an old XD-9 Service and two SC-9s. I don't even recommend buying the Service to anyone anymore, the SCs are JUST THAT GOOD. You get everything the Service has and give up nothing for the smaller size.