US PALM AK-47 Magazine

Discussion in 'AK-47 Talk' started by XDMulisha, Feb 9, 2010.

1. XDMulisha

XDMulisha XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey all, got another AK question. I have a WASR 10/63 and love it, It came with two Tapco mags and they dont wobble at all, however I left one of the mags with 10 rnds in it for about a week, and for some reason the follower is stuck halfway down and the rounds just poured out. CRAP!!! I took it apart and re assembled it and it now feels weak, the spring has less strength now, wont really push the rounds up like the other mag. Anyway, to the question, I am in the market for a better magazine and saw an ad for the US-PALM magazine. These things look like great quality but I want to know if they will wobble or not, will they fit like the Tapco mags, that would be sweet! US PALM - The World's Most Advanced AK-47 Magazine If anyone has any info let me know, thanks!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  2. nalioth

nalioth XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Mag wobble is part and parcel of the Kalashnikov.

Don't buy into "an AK isn't supposed to have mag wobble", as you'll drive yourself crazy trying to achieve that.

As far as US Palm, it seems Rosie and her five sisters are busy at work with the ignorant public . .

3. Krackels

Krackels XDTalk 25K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I don't know anything about US-Palm, so I'm sorry I can't help you there. However, if you don't need US made magazines for a parts count you can always go with K-Var (allegedly they make the best magazines according to some) or just plain old surplus steel AK mags.

I bought like 25 romanian mags when I saw them on sale for cheap. I sold a few to a friend and kept the rest for myself.

4. XDMulisha

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    well my tapcos dont wobble, but I will check out the other mags mentioned. Yea whats up with US-PALM and the whole Civilian Sales soon thing WTF! Thanks for the help guys i will check out K-VAR

5. nalioth

nalioth XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Another myth.

K-Var doesn't make the magazines they sell - they're milsurps from Arsenal of Bulgaria.

Surplus steel mags are always the best bet, as they're cheap and will last forever (with care).

6. olywa

olywa XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    US PALM are the newest American Made AK Mag. For better than tapco, they should be shipping soon. I have a Ak30 by US PALM and it is solid.
    [​IMG]

7. einheit 13

einheit 13 XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    So...how do you take it apart to clean it?? They will get grit in them. What happens if a round jams in the middle of the mag??

Its very hard to beat the steels, and even the poly combloc mags. its all about marketing I guess. With the available US parts counts to add to your AK, why even bother with an expensive American made wanna be when there is absolutely nothing wrong with the originals?? I guess maybe the American market for different colours or the fact that some people just think that because its American made its better....dunno, but they won't get any of my money, and they damn sure won't cost less, work any better, or out last any of my originals....

I tell ya what, come out with a reliable 50 or 75 round 5,45 drum....maybe I'd be interested....

8. XDMulisha

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK guys I sent US-PALM / SGUSA.com, (Disrtibutors). s message asking If they would fit, if there was any wobble etc... this is what I got back;

Dear Awesomeness!,
    "Your question hits pretty close to home because I have a WASR as well and I've been looking forward to the AK30 for a while now. Speaking with the R&D department over at US Palm they say there isn't an easy answer.They tested them on many different models of AK47, and usually several examples of each model, the WASR included. They fit very well in all WASR's, however some of the rifles appear to be out of spec internally, and they have issues feeding.From what I can tell there is no way to visually tell the difference between an in spec and out of spec rifle. It is almost a luck of the draw thing. If you have any other questions please let me know."
    -Asst. Mgr.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  9. olywa

olywa XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That sounds like a wasr problem. The rifle is out of spec. My wasr feeds the AK30 with no problem.

To clean the AK30 you rinse with warm soapy water and it drains throught holes in the follwer. It explains all this on the sgcusa.com. If it jams in the midddle, you clear like you would any other mag.

10. Krackels

Krackels XDTalk 25K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Um... this may seem like a dumb question, but how do you have one if they haven't started shipping them?

11. olywa

olywa XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    They sent me one this week. See above pic. And it feeds fine in my wars.

12. nalioth

nalioth XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    A word to the wise: Your white font is all but invisible in the default theme here on XDTalk.

[​IMG]

13. einheit 13

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I thought it was one piece, so no floor plate...so again, how can you clear a jammed mag??
    I guess you throw it away and but another...and at $30 a pop...lets see some no BS comparisons with surplus mags.

Keep drinking the tacti-kewl-aide....

14. einheit 13

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    bulgarian ak 40 round polymer mag, very high quality, fits all 7.62x39 ak rifles.....
    item # bul-40rd ak-p....$12.95ea - or - 2 for $25.00

15. XDMulisha

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My bad nalioth, I didn't even think about that whole color thing...