Update on Hogue Grip for my carry XDM .40

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by XDMulisha, Jul 21, 2010.

1. XDMulisha

XDMulisha XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey everyone. Now that I have had this Hogue grip on my XDM .40 for some time now I have noticed only two things that aggravate me just a little. The first thing is that If you have on a ring, especially a bigger ring like me, size 13 class ring, your grip becomes uncomfortable. It creates a gap in between your finger and the grip (not good) so I have to take the ring off at the range or either get used to it which feels incredibly awkward. The second thing is that the bottom of the grip can fold back or almost roll up the grip just a little bit if you aren't careful, because of the rubber flap that is supposed to keep it in place. Say you get into your car and scoot back into your seat, it could pull the edge up and peel it back a bit. This doesn't seem like a big deal but when it sits that way for a bit without your knowledge of it, it will become loose at the bottom of the grip. I had to let mine sit in the sun, get warm, put rubber bands around it and toss it in the fridge to get it tight again. Just a warning. These are really the only problems so far and are minimal, I have fixed them and plan to keep an eye on it in the future to make sure it doesn't roll up. I think it is still a great product despite the minor inconveniences.

2. TAYLORMADE

TAYLORMADE XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check out the laser cut grip decals for the XDM. They are still aesthetic and grip so strong you cant throw the gun out of your hands. The hogues slide around too much for me

3. XDMulisha

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am not too big on the look of the decal grips, they may have good function but are not right for me. Just my opinion. The Hogue I have has not moved around any except for the rubber flap at the bottom, which isnt that big of a deal now that I know what to watch out for. Thanks for the info though.

-Peter

4. ldpantoja

ldpantoja XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try the Pachmayr one. It's perfect for me.

5. XDMulisha

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yea I checked that one out too, I still love my Hogue.