Springfield XD Forum banner

Turkey Season

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  schnyd112 
#1 ·
Who else is excited about spring season? This'll be my first year out. In ohio the season doesn't start for another month but I've been practicing calling as much as possible. Gonna go pattern the shotgun this weekend and hopefully go try and find some roosts as well.

Good luck to everyone who is out this spring. Be careful of other hunters and post pics if you get a gobbler!

#2 ·
I will be out turkey hunting in Ohio as well...

#5 ·
I'll be going here in SC. 30 day season starting April 1'st. 5 bird limit. No hens. We haven't had a fall season in 25 years. Thanks, hurricane Hugo. Since then it's been fire ants and now coyotes. Our turkey population has been on the decline. I try to get one or two and leave it alone. If you've got hens in the spring, the gobblers will be there. Good luck everybody.

#6 ·

Saw the first track of the season tonight. Heard a gobbler right at sunset. Couldn't pin point where he is roosting. Gonna have to go back out sometime this week to get a good location.

Can't wait.

#7 ·
I may not be able to chase them this year. Usually we go to WA and hunt with my grandpa. HIs mobility has gone way down over the last couple of years and I have no vacation time. I am going to miss it, not much gets my blood going like a big horny Tom strutting himself silly.

They have a couple out there that's for sure.
Wild turkey Turkey Bird Adaptation Galliformes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.